Parsnip -- Gone | Vital Football

Parsnip -- Gone

I was hoping they wouldn't put him out of his misery just yet. Sadly I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at our place before too long.

daftladguy - 2/4/2018 11:42

How this loser will ever get another job, is open to conjecture.....

And a warm welcome to the first home game of 2018-19 season to our new manager Alan Pardew, he’ll be spouting that he’s here for Mike and to finish what he started.

What a shame. I was looking forward to hearing the crowd singing "Pardew is our king" on 28th April.

He will be able to look back at his successes at West Brom, a league win at home against Brighton and a longer FA Cup run than he ever achieved with us, including his amazing victory at St James' Park, Exeter.

I bet West Brom are gutted that they sacked Pulis, it didn’t make any sense to replace him with Pardew.

Nothing from Merson and the experts who were waxing lyrical about him at Palace and how we should’ve kept him?

He was given an 8 year contract by Ashley in 2012, taking him up to 2020.

He was given a 3.5 year contract by Parish at Palace in 2015, taking him up to 2019.

He was given a contract until 2020 at West Brom.

Seems bizarre to think that he could still have been in 3 jobs.

They will be busy removing all the mirrors from his office. How that prick keeps getting jobs in the PL is beyond belief.

Rexn - 2/4/2018 14:09

He was given an 8 year contract by Ashley in 2012, taking him up to 2020.

He was given a 3.5 year contract by Parish at Palace in 2015, taking him up to 2019.

He was given a contract until 2020 at West Brom.

Seems bizarre to think that he could still have been in 3 jobs.

I wonder how much all the pay offs come to Rexn.

Bruce68 - 2/4/2018 14:30

They will be busy removing all the mirrors from his office. How that prick keeps getting jobs in the PL is beyond belief.

By all accounts it took a team of six men a week to remove the mirrors from Upton Park and the training ground when he went from here Bruce.

CM - 2/4/2018 14:49
I wonder how much all the pay offs come to Rexn.
I remember hearing a former Chairman when stuck in a car listening to Radio 5 Live. In short, clubs use all sorts of tricks to reduce the contracted amount. It may be a discount to forego withholding permission to sign for another club. It may be paying in stages so that the ex-manager has to grovel and forego payments so they can take up a new position.

In short, it is rare that they get the full entitlement.

We don't know if there was a release clause or reduced salary in the event of relegation at West Brom.

The days of Allardyce-like payments from Ashley are probably very much in the past but you can probably bet that Pards had a decent pay out from Palace.

Top managers are able to stand a bit firmer with the best time to hold out for a full payment being in the last year of their contract if clubs want to plan for the longer term.

In Pardew's case, a best guess would be about £2-2.5m.

Allardyce a proven swindler is on an extortionate amount to keep Everton up as they panicked unnecessarily about relegation in November. They’d have finished in a similar position with Koeman. Now their fans detest him, the same fans who said we hounded the fat narcissist out. You’ve got to laugh.

Regarding pays outs for ex managers Rexn, Moyes is supposedly working here for 10k a week as he refused a pay off from Man Utd instead getting them to pay his contract out on a monthly basis. It explains why the Dildos jumped at the chance to sign him. Seemingly he just wants to rebuild his reputation here..........what reputation ffs?

Moyes seems a decent bloke, a little out of his depth at the mancs maybe, but with your history of twat managers I’d be giving him a chance, he’s kept you up for starters. He’s certainly not in the Allardyce/Pardew/Hughes axis of *****.

Fair play, you have to admire what Moyes did at Everton where Bill Kenwright never had the deepest pockets.

He will probably never be the best but can build a squad capable of perennial survival.

John Carver in altercation with fan, you have to laugh, who the fuck employs Pardew and Carver, Jesus wept.

Paul Kannell - 2/4/2018 18:15

Moyes seems a decent bloke, a little out of his depth at the mancs maybe, but with your history of twat managers I’d be giving him a chance, he’s kept you up for starters. He’s certainly not in the Allardyce/Pardew/Hughes axis of *****.

He seems ok ,not a bit gobby, the fitness level has certainly improved here. He has made some odd team selections but what manager doesn’t. I will be surprised if he hangs around as the Dildos won’t give him a penny to spend in the summer.