Troy Parrott - Player Thread | Vital Football

Troy Parrott - Player Thread

Spursex

Alert Team
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49373817

Troy Parrott: Tottenham teenage striker included in Republic of Ireland squad

_108343118_parrottmanu.jpg

Troy Parrott played against Manchester United in their tour of Asia last month
Tottenham teenager Troy Parrott has been a handed a first Republic of Ireland call-up for next month's games against Switzerland and Bulgaria.
The Dublin-born striker, 17, is yet to play a competitive first-team game for Spurs but has represented the Republic at under-17 and under-19 level.
Fit-again James McCarthy is in line for his first Republic game since late 2016 after being named in the 40-man squad.
There is also a first senior call-up for Doncaster winger Kieran Sadlier.
Parrott made his senior debut for Tottenham during their summer tour of Asia last month while his youth career with the Republic has included a hat-trick for the under-19s against the Faroe Islands last October.

Last edited by a moderator:
All positives for me. If he got any action against Switzerland and Bulgaria it would be great for his development. I don't see him on a hectic schedule as a player that may pivot between our 1st team setup and the U23's. If you're good enough then you're old enough.

Not quite sure why Mick Mccarthy is holding off on picking Troy for his senior call up. He basically says when Poch picks him so will he.
I thought Parrott was predominately a striker (which he may well go on to be) but apparently he can play in MF and on the wing and can play as provider. At 17 his best position may not be finalised yet. This could pose the question......who will he challenge for a place?

Not quite sure why Mick Mccarthy is holding off on picking Troy for his senior call up. He basically says when Poch picks him so will he.
I thought Parrott was predominately a striker (which he may well go on to be) but apparently he can play in MF and on the wing and can play as provider. At 17 his best position may not be finalised yet. This could pose the question......who will he challenge for a place?
I dearly hope Harry Kane

Big Euro clubs showing interest in Parrott. This conjours up memories of Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast.....No, no no no no no no no.

Does anyone think we'll see him make the bench or an appearance this season ?

Highly likely we'll see him given some minutes in Cup games, can't see him getting more than that - despite all the hype he has a lot of physical maturing to do and is not the finished article.

Goal - Troy Parrott

Spurs take the lead. They’ve been pressing well and win the ball back and Parrott is put through. He makes no mistake with a low shot. 1-0 after 11 minutes.

Goal - Fekkas. Olympiacos 1-1 Tottenham

It’s a horrendous mistake from TJ Eyoma. He completely miss-kicks pass back to the keeper and Voilis gets in and squares for Fekkas to equalise. 32 mins. 1-1

1-1 apparently the heat killed us and we almost played at walking pace in the second half and they had a bunch of injuries as well (Greek for it was too hot!)

A prelude of tonight's result?