Parker space probe... | Vital Football

Parker space probe...

I was going to post about this. As soon as I saw Parker was going to take a pen I said, " this ones going over the bar then ". He was the same last season. He always seems to hit a lot of shots high over the bar. Surely the coaches must have tried to work on this weakness to his game. It doesn't take a lot to learn to lean over the ball a bit when you shoot. It really is Sunday league stuff.

When he shoots in general he seems to lack control - just tries to hit the ball as hard as he can, which was the case tonight, and he got underneath it and leant back too! Good job he is good in the air - his headers are more accurate.

Born in 1990. The same year that Chris Waddle took that World cup penalty.

Coincidence? Has either ball re-entered the Earth's atmosphere yet?

A few years back at Southend in the JPT (or whatever it was called at that time) - does anyone recall the penalty shoot out, in particular the attempt by Danny Spiller? Parker and Dack's penalties had nothing on that Spiller effort - he cleared the stand behind the goal and the ball hit the block of flats above. Needless to say we lost the penalty shoot out. Happy days :yes:

When he shoots in general he seems to lack control - just tries to hit the ball as hard as he can, which was the case tonight, and he got underneath it and leant back too! Good job he is good in the air - his headers are more accurate.

Perhaps he ought to try heading his penalties then!

Begs the question as to who should be our designated taker for matches. Has to be O'Neil for me but Eaves might contest that.

Parker was quoted recently as saying he wanted to take his game to the next level!! The penalty did just that:bow::ooops::ooops::ooops:

To be honest, if we have a penalty shoot out again, I'd definitely fancy Holy over Parker and Byrne for their lame (in different ways) efforts last night!