Paris SG-Manchester City Champions League SF Game One Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Paris SG-Manchester City Champions League SF Game One Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
Paris Saint-Germain 1 Manchester City 2
FT Stats
Possession
PSG 42% City 58% (City OS 40.6%-59.4%)
Corners
PSG 6 City 4
Offside
PSG 1 City 1
Fouls
PSG 9 City 15
Cards
PSG 2 Y 1 R City 2 Y Cancelo, De Bruyne)
On Target
PSG 4 City 6
Woodwork
PSG 0 City 0
Off Target
PSG 7 City 5 (UEFA site has 11 PSG shots, City 11 - City OS PSG 2 shots City 3 off target)

Attendance Behind closed doors

Compiled from UEFA and City Official Site match day threads

Links

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/match/2029494--paris-vs-man-city

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2020/psg-v-manchester-city-semi-final-ucl

21:53

FULL-TIME
Paris St-Germain 1-2 Manchester City

WHAT a second half for Manchester City and what a landmark win that could be.
Two away goals against a PSG side that looked the business in the first half.

Final?

22:00
'City upped the tempo'

Chris Waddle
Ex-Newcastle and England winger on BBC Radio 5 Live

It was a different Manchester City side in the second half. There was more tempo, more movement, they all enjoyed the ball more. PSG dropped off the pace, though. Mbappe and Neymar, we didn't see them second half at all.

Man City were excellent.

22:01
'Pep gave some words of wisdom'

Dion Dublin
Former Man Utd striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

PSG were outstanding for half an hour on the first half but Manchester City have had some words of wisdom from their manager. They came out with a different body language, a different attitude, their danger players getting on the ball in the second half - and making the difference.

Very well managed by Manchester City.

22:02
'World-class performance'

Owen Hargreaves on BT Sport: "A brilliant second-half performance. Fantastic. World-class performance. PSG were chasing shadows. Two away goals is the perfect result.

"Good game management, good on set-pieces. City are good when they can get high up the pitch. PSG looked like they ran out of steam."

22:02

Joe Hart on BT Sport: "City were quite fortunate with the first goal to get back into it but they took over then. City wear you down, they do it over two halves. PSG were sharp in the first half. As soon as it goes down one level City take over."

I was worried when I read Mbappe was fit to start but I cannot recall his name being mentioned at all in commentary.
The Emperor with no clothes?

21:59

Joleon Lescott on BT Sport: "When you're behind you can have a fearless aproach and that was the case. To get to the Etihad with the tie in your hands... PSG will have to play expansive football - and that could play into City's hands."

I was worried when I read Mbappe was fit to start but I cannot recall his name being mentioned at all in commentary.
The Emperor with no clothes?
We shut his ass down. Maybe we should offer psg a fiver for him, and Pep can make him into a player. :geek::grinning:

22:00
'City upped the tempo'

Chris Waddle

It was a different Manchester City side in the second half. There was more tempo, more movement, they all enjoyed the ball more. PSG dropped off the pace, though. Mbappe and Neymar, we didn't see them second half at all.

Man City were excellent.

22:01
'Pep gave some words of wisdom'

Dion Dublin
Former Man Utd striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

PSG were outstanding for half an hour on the first half but Manchester City have had some words of wisdom from their manager. They came out with a different body language, a different attitude, their danger players getting on the ball in the second half - and making the difference.

Very well managed by Manchester City.

22:0

Neymar hasn't scored in his last six games in the knockout stage in the Champions League. His last goal not in the group stage of the tournament was in the round-of-16 in 2019/20 against Borussia Dortmund

22:11
'City work as together as a team'

Chris Waddle

There were no "superstars" in the Manchester City side. They work as a team and work together. Yes, they have terrific footballers and are great to watch but they are firstly a team.

You look at Paris Saint-Germain, they also have great players - and two superstars in the modern game - but I think Kylian Mbappe and Neymar let the team down tonight.

22:0

Neymar hasn't scored in his last six games in the knockout stage in the Champions League. His last goal not in the group stage of the tournament was in the round-of-16 in 2019/20 against Borussia Dortmund
He's seems set on cheating, rather than playing.