Pardew interview | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pardew interview

Yes, the bloke who has had the odd good season with a few clubs before landing them in the mire. At least you are happy with that!

Where did I see Hughton mentioned in this thread?

Since you mention him, you will be aware that he is the only manager to bring us straight back up in a season, that he has the best pro rata defensive record of any NUFC manager and that he has the highest win ratio of any manager in NUFC history. Not a lot going for him really was there?

OK I confess, Hughton provided the biggest win against Sunderland in my lifetime, my son loved being ther for his birthday present and thanks too to Nolan for his hat trick.

Pardew was responsible for the biggest home defeat against Sunderland in my lifetime but hey, he is fantastic.

No need for cynicism, Boomboom, Eastsatand has the manager to take us to the next level.

Rexn - 6/5/2013 00:12

Where did I see Hughton mentioned in this thread?

Since you mention him, you will be aware that he is the only manager to bring us straight back up in a season, that he has the best pro rata defensive record of any NUFC manager and that he has the highest win ratio of any manager in NUFC history. Not a lot going for him really was there?

Stat man, I'll think you'll find most of those stats were gained with a Premiership squad in the Championship.

Once back in the Premiership, he lasted 4 months.

OK I confess, Hughton provided the biggest win against Sunderland in my lifetime, my son loved being ther for his birthday present and thanks too to Nolan for his hat trick.

Pardew was responsible for the biggest home defeat against Sunderland in my lifetime but hey, he is fantastic.

Ah, you mean the squad that lost about £45m of talent after they went down?

Ok, the squad with most of the mercenaries gone. Fair enough, he did get rid of Owen, Viduka, Martins, Beye, Duff, Bassong, Cacapa, Edgar, Gonzalez etc. That left him with the core of a Premier League squad. You have me there, I didn't realise all the Premier League squad stayed on.

5-1 against the mackems, 6-0 against Villa and the club refused to back him with a coach. Unforgiveable that he couldn't keep it up without a coach.

Boomboomcheiktheroom - 6/5/2013 00:49

It's not a squad game though, look at the bench for Pardews games, poor players.

poor players? Pardew was happy with them at the start of the season. Great players, just with an itsy bitsy communication problem.

Enrique, Colo, Jonas, Smith, Barton, Nolan, Krul, Carroll, all stayed on. I've probably forgotten some.

Try to warp it any which way you can, Hughton brought us up with a Premiership squad.

Oh yeah, how could I forget. He was waxing lyrical about the strength in the squad, paid dividends hasn't it. Not many teams can bring on a forward in his 30's who's scored 2 league goals in his last 40 or so matches, where's wor Shefki when you need him?

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/04/18/nufc-s-new-striker-should-be-like-shefki-kuqi-says-alan-pardew-61634-28537277/

Hope Cisse took note.

You remind me Eaststand, Hughton had the highest transfer surplus of any NUFC manager ever during that summer.

Krul and Carroll established premier League players? Yes you are right. They must have had at least 400 appearances each in the Premier League during the relegation season.

I always thought that Barron did a great job on developing Krul but thatnks for reminding me that he was a Premier League veteran. Carroll had about 200 goals before relegation didn't he?

Boomboomcheiktheroom - 6/5/2013 01:01

Smith played a lot of games to be fair.
You're right boomboom, his 6 games in the relegation season followed by his departure to MKDons highlight what an influential figure he was.

I would reply to you too, eaststand but you don't like 2 people being answered in the same post.

I'll leave you to wank yourself silly over Pardew, since being a ****** is what you are best at.