Parallels to 1989? | Vital Football

Parallels to 1989?

I have already started to ponder this - and then quickly put it out of my head :wagging:...................history does have a tendency to repeat itself tho

I’ve commented on this thread with Karen there are a lot of similarities but I’ve not considered it before as I haven’t contemplated promotion or where we will finish there’s far too much water left to flow under the bridge before any of that’s considered. It did give me a shudder though remembering the 5-0 tonkin we got at Upton Park (Boleyn ground) never been back there since scarred me for life that night

One game at a time BLADES.The only 5-0 thumpin i recall at West Ham was when John Hope had a stinker nay worse than stinker,it was Lee Baxter standard, that said i dunt like to recall any of our defeats neer mind heavy ones.UTCB

One game at a time BLADES.The only 5-0 thumpin i recall at West Ham was when John Hope had a stinker nay worse than stinker,it was Lee Baxter standard, that said i dunt like to recall any of our defeats neer mind heavy ones.UTCB
Recalling it on twitter on another thread I remember slater having a stormer and scoring a hat trick,any ideas who the full back may have been on the receiving end :hmmm:

Stuart,had a spell at Celtic if memory serves me right tore us apart that night promotion looked a long way off

Well that means we are going to get hammered away at the Dirties,and Stoke for the last match is not far from Leicester,and we will be wearing our illuminous away strip.