Pape Chiekh diop | Vital Football

Pape Chiekh diop

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
R

Removed at own request

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3177032/tottenham-target-celta-vigos--pape-chiekh-diop-as-first-signing-source

Insert google joke

Kinygerbils - 11/8/2017 20:56

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3177032/tottenham-target-celta-vigos--pape-chiekh-diop-as-first-signing-source

Insert google joke

Danny Rose has never heard of him.
Nor has anyone else.

Could be on in that case. :4:

There seems to be increasing confidence that our offer has been accepted...

Guess we'll know soon enough.

That's the signing we've all been waiting for - a proven, quality attacking player that can make an impact immediately and provide competition to our untouchables.

Oh wait...

I do think a young CM/DM is needed though. Moose continues to struggle to finish games, Dier looks lost, Wana not yet match fit. The box to box athletic type is needed.

Real Deal - 22/8/2017 20:39

I do think a young CM/DM is needed though. Moose continues to struggle to finish games, Dier looks lost, Wana not yet match fit. The box to box athletic type is needed.

Poch is too stubborn to play Eriksen as a CM, seeing Dier/Eriksen bossing it last season left a lot to be desired.

In the games we played Winks as CM you could tell Poch wasn't fully comfortable with it. He loves 2 beasts minimum. Sometimes 3.

I like the look of that Alfred, he looks more experienced and ready to me.....

Real Deal - 22/8/2017 20:53

In the games we played Winks as CM you could tell Poch wasn't fully comfortable with it. He loves 2 beasts minimum. Sometimes 3.

I like the look of that Alfred, he looks more experienced and ready to me.....

Winks has more than earned a right to play in Dembele's role though. He's not put a foot wrong yet imo. If anything he's actually more creative than Dembele and more intelligent. I'm not saying he's better than Dembele overall but I do not see why Poch would have any doubts about him in that role.

This signing does confuse me slightly. He could barely get game time in a very poor Celta Vigo side. I wonder what the appeal is.

I agree Winks hasn't done anything wrong. Poch just has the horn for 2 beasts in front of his back line. He was the same at the Saints.