Palace | Vital Football

Palace

I am not watching but the first half stats had us enjoying more possession than usual,43% and a shot on target.

Our support at Palace must feel like they are watching Barcelona.

Barnstorming stuff again. I hope the ‘supporters’ there are having the shittest time of their lives.

No shock that we cant stick it in the onion bag when we sign shite like Joselu and Rondon think the fat **** might see his asset depreciate this year heres hoping the fat greedy **** loses a few hundred million. I would rather see NUFC in the conference and be rid of the parasite

Wonder what the excuse will be this time? After all, this game was a foregone conclusion the way some people (not on here) have been going on. Probably celebrate a goaless draw like it was some kind of achievement, can't compete with big clubs like Palace!

Probably say we defended well and counter attacked as per the plan. Happy with a point.?

We cant compete with any other team in the PL and a good few in the Championship according to the fat man and his band of merry men

I was at that game as my mate was working and couldn’t use his ticket, dreadful wet cold weather and a dreadful game to watch. Was MA there as someone in the stand was getting a lot of abuse from the away mob, ya lot still travel enmasse in fairness.

More shite to attend tomorrow btw when Chelsea rape my lot.

Rafa needs to stop making points and start winning them. Will his legacy here be as the man who preferred Joselu to Mitrovic? Starting to look that way.

I'm no supporter of Benitez but players like Mitrovic will never work in the type of system he prefers,imagine Adebayor or Jimmy Greaves in that same system.

He was absolutely right to get rid.

I'm no supporter of Benitez but players like Mitrovic will never work in the type of system he prefers,imagine Adebayor or Jimmy Greaves in that same system.

Disagree for a few reasons. One being that Benitez choice to freeze out mitro was nothing to do with tactics and everything to do with the fact he's a stubborn ****. Mind you Isaac Hayden made it very clear he wanted to leave and he was rewarded with a start against arsenal. Secondly, mitrovic is nothing like adebayor or Jimmy greaves, did you watch him yesterday? He was the best player on the pitch

Whereas Joselu works a treat of course. Assuming you aren't fussed about scoring goals which tradition suggests is the primary function of a centre forward. Joking aside Rafa knows the situation, he isn't stupid, he surely has to work with the tools available.

Did not spend much money but what they did spend looks as though it could have got some players who can actually create and score goals. The current lot look as though they haven't a clue.

Tired of hearing Rafa's post match comments. Same every week.
We were committed, defended well, the fans were behind us, just the final ball needs to be better, must take our chances.
All very laudable but nothing changes. Same old same old.

Disagree for a few reasons. One being that Benitez choice to freeze out mitro was nothing to do with tactics and everything to do with the fact he's a stubborn ****. Mind you Isaac Hayden made it very clear he wanted to leave and he was rewarded with a start against arsenal. Secondly, mitrovic is nothing like adebayor or Jimmy greaves, did you watch him yesterday? He was the best player on the pitch
We don't no for sure why Benitez didn't play mitro Rza,although I would't discount your theory as he has form with Mbemba and even Stevie Gerrard.

My comparison of mitro with adebayor and Jimmy greaves was solely about work rate mate.

I've had no opportunity to watch live matches so far this season,I can see the big lad is banging them in though.....what's different then,is he running round a lot more tackling etc ?

It does look like he was rafered,although I stand by my assertion that Benitez's system would never suit him.

Whereas Joselu works a treat of course. Assuming you aren't fussed about scoring goals which tradition suggests is the primary function of a centre forward. Joking aside Rafa knows the situation, he isn't stupid, he surely has to work with the tools available.
How dare you slag off our top striker,hes's only three behind Mitro and he's done that against top teams i'll have you know.
Just wait until he comes up against the likes of Cardiff and Palace...

NUFC have the players to play to the strengths of Mitro (granted not as well as a newly promoted team like Fulham who we can’t compete with) but this just smacks of incompetence. Joselu. If he wasn’t good enough, don’t buy him.

Yes, Benitez wants to oust Ashley’s scheme but just like every fan in the ground, he doesn’t want it quite enough to put himself out. Rafa has 6 million reasons (and let’s not forget he owes this region nothing) and the Lemmings that trot into the ground every other week are just pathetic. But, but, but, but...

Watching Rondon lumbering around up front like the ghost of Shola past is fucking embarrassing. Surely Rafa has just given up and he is taking the piss now while his contract winds down. If so it is gonna make a hell of a book.