Palace v Swans (Carabao Cup) | Vital Football

Palace v Swans (Carabao Cup)

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
Swans v Palace
Last chance to see a PL team for the foreseeable future.
What sort of team we can put out I don’t know as some of the players looked knackered yesterday with the close proximity of league games taking its toll.
If Dyer, Routledge, and Narsingh are still here then they must be played, drawing big wages for doing nothing doesn’t make any sense.
New signings Declan John and Carter-Vickers are both injured so won’t be playing (why are we signing injured players?)
We have another tough game against Millwall on Saturday so players need recovery time. This is the advantage of having a good size squad of players. We have been denied strengthening the squad by the hedge funders and only have the bare bones, so must suffer the consequences.

Last edited:
And mostly under 23’s it was and as a consequence we gave Palace a bye to the next round.
Not a bad crowd at over 9,000 considering the team we put out.
Our inexperienced youngsters put up a good show but there was only going to be one result.
I wish we had taken it more seriously as previous winners of this competition.
I realise Potter’s hands were tied with the players available to him, due to the hedge fund owners selling the whole of our first team and more, and refusing to replace them with any quality players.
The intent of the dollar hungry owners is there for all to see, there is no chance of getting back up to the PL this season or in the future.
We have been raped as a club as they try to recover the money they spent on buying controlling shares from the sell outs.
Even if we survive this pillage of club assets we still face the prospect of languishing in the lower leagues.
Gloomy picture maybe, but that’s the way of things at the moment.