Palace 0 City 0 Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Vital Football

Palace 0 City 0 Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
<i>Stats © BBC Sport 2018. All Rights Reserved.</i>

<b>The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

Stats Link....

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=588616

As Rising mentions in the MDT, the winning streak monkey is off our backs.

Still 15 points above the rags and 14 ahead of Chelsea.

Woeful officiating - Zaha should have been booked for the number of times he threw himself to the floor; not a penalty - assistant and Moss at fault there and the decision to yellow card Puncheon - WTF?

Concerned for Jesus and KDB - both off with what looked like knee ligament injuries

Crystal Palace 0-0 Man City

Sam Parkin

Former Luton Town forward on BBC Radio London

It was a great spectacle, a thoroughly enjoyable game, one-on-one battles all over the pitch. It was a 0-0 that had everything. Crystal Palace had everything; desire, aggression, organisation - it's a great point for Crystal Palace. A draw is a fair result, because it looked like a soft penalty for me.

You could see the red mark above his left knee.

I cannot see him being fit for the Liverpool game :019: :017: :019: :017:

I have been concerned ever since some pundit said several weeks ago “the only way this City team could be stopped is if there are serious injuries to De Bruyne or Silva. Obviously I’m not saying that someone should do that.....”

Look at the penalty again.

Puncheon is not even looking at the penalty being taken. He has his back to the goal and is looking straight at De Bruyne who is 5 yards away - Palace goalside. When the ball breaks Puncheon hunts him down and takes him out.

Targeted if you ask me :019: :019: :019:

Wayne Hennessey speaking to BT Sport:

"We were unlucky, but it was a fantastic save at the end of the day. Luka has been fantastic for us with penalties this season, but it was a fantastic save.

Manager Roy Hodgson has come in and has done a fantastic job and we all love him to bits and we hope he can stay for a long time. We have got the players in the dressing room to move forward and we hope we can move forward."

Crystal Palace defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah:

"It was a good game and we stayed compact and put pressure on. We were aggressive and gave them a good game. They have good players, the wingers are sharp and fast, and as a defender you have to stay focused for 90 minutes."

Roy Hodgson speaking to BT Sport:

"I was very proud of the performance. We know how to play against a team with Man City's quality and organisation, but our discipline was very good and we tried to make the best of the attacking opportunities and there were chances throughout the course of the game.

"It was an excellent point and before the game we would have been jumping through hoops with a point, but when you get a penalty late in the game and you miss like we have before there is an element of sadness.

"There is now one day rest between games and has cost us two players and them two players as well. And we have both paid a high price for the point and it will be an effort to get back to this level of this performance."

Skoorb - 31/12/2017 14:28

I have been concerned ever since some pundit said several weeks ago “the only way this City team could be stopped is if there are serious injuries to De Bruyne or Silva. Obviously I’m not saying that someone should do that.....”

Look at the penalty again.

Puncheon is not even looking at the penalty being taken. He has his back to the goal and is looking straight at De Bruyne who is 5 yards away - Palace goalside. When the ball breaks Puncheon hunts him down and takes him out.

Targeted if you ask me :019: :019: :019:

Danny Murphy on MoTD, plus Pogba saying he hoped City players got seriously injured, Maureen putting it into the mind that City Players dive all the time, so Kevs alleged foul by Puncheon was a dive, however I applaud Palace for playing an open game and condemn them for the OTT tackles

Pep Guardiola speaking to BT Sport:

"Yes you have to give Palace credit. They are a good team. We had problems in the game, but the second half was much better. At the end, keeper Ederson helped us to keep one point. Maybe it was a penalty, the referee made that decision so that's okay. On Tuesday we have another game so the good moment you have to react with the best way to do it.

"Jesus is injured in the terms hopefully it will only be one or two months. Then Kevin we were lucky, well not lucky. I don't know what happened with him in that last action.

"We have to sit down and see what happened with Gabriel and Kevin and we will see."

Johnny Baguette - 31/12/2017 14:33

It's beginning to look like scything City down is the way to stop us.
This is not the first time that Palace have done this to City, we need to get busy in the market after losing Gabriel and with DS21 on person leave we could miss KDB although we may be lucky, but it looked really bad enough to cause some career ending injuries.

Buzz Lightyear - 31/12/2017 14:39

Johnny Baguette - 31/12/2017 14:33

It's beginning to look like scything City down is the way to stop us.
This is not the first time that Palace have done this to City, we need to get busy in the market after losing Gabriel and with DS21 on person leave we could miss KDB although we may be lucky, but it looked really bad enough to cause some career ending injuries.

I still haven't forgotten Dann scything down Aguero on the halfway line when they were managed by Pardew :019:

Johnny Baguette - 31/12/2017 14:41

Jesus left on crutches.

Looked like medial ligaments so could be several weeks (up to twelve) - I just pray it isn't ACL. We both saw Mendy and Gundgogan succumb to those injuries after relatively innocuous incidents, try to carry on and then stop. :013:

If these injuries were going to happen, thank God it's the start of the transfer window and that will give us a chance to bring in reinforcements because we're going to need them.