Palace 0 City 0 Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Page 2 | Vital Football

Palace 0 City 0 Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Unless the refs start to ACTUALLY deal with these horror challenges, we are going to need to do business in January. We might need to go after Sanchez now

Hands up those who don't think Puncheon's injury was as bad as he made out but that he was trying to evade a red card knowing what he had done?

:011: <<< Use this symbol (closest I could find)

:011:

Skoorb - 31/12/2017 15:36

Hands up those who don't think Puncheon's injury was as bad as he made out but that he was trying to evade a red card knowing what he had done?

:011: <<< Use this symbol (closet I could find)

Puncheon's position during the penalty after which he scythed down De Bruyne. On a mission to stop a City break away/counter attack by targeting KDB?

Paying no attention to the kick, looking directly at KDB and positioned to chase him down when the Ball breaks City’s way :019:

Attachments

• DSYas5JWAAAoH5t.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Colin Is The King - 31/12/2017 15:48

This is the 'tackle'

https://twitter.com/ChrisBlasco3/status/947468041935302657

Couldn’t get the video to play Colin - says it was taken down by a copyright request from the owner.

I'm not sure if this is Pep being coy, but he is downplaying Sanchez to City.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11191026/pep-guardiola-expects-manchester-city-target-alexis-sanchez-to-stay-at-arsenal-beyond-january

Skoorb - 31/12/2017 15:56

Colin Is The King - 31/12/2017 15:48

This is the 'tackle'

https://twitter.com/ChrisBlasco3/status/947468041935302657

Couldn’t get the video to play Colin - says it was taken down by a copyright request from the owner.

Sorry, Skoorb - it happens quite a lot, I'll see if I can find another clip, but there's always the chance of same again :093:

Skoorb - 31/12/2017 03:36

:011: <<< Use this symbol (closest I could find)

:011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011:

And here we have Graham Poll saying

“I struggle to see how Jon Moss could have given a red card to Jason Puncheon, though.
It was a nasty tackle on Kevin De Bruyne but it’s very difficult for a referee to give a red card to a player who is on a stretcher”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5224769/Crystal-Palace-winger-Wilfried-Zaha-goes-easily.html

I’m sorry but that just won’t wash.

If a player has injured himself whilst committing a foul worthy of a red card I don’t care how “tough” it is for the official, he should still deal with the offence. I will be watching very carefully how soon Puncheon recovers from his ‘injury’. I think he knew what he had done, expected he would get a red card and with only a minute to go decided he’d take a cowards way out. I will eat my hat if I am proved wrong.

Skoorb - 31/12/2017 18:55

And here we have Graham Poll saying

“I struggle to see how Jon Moss could have given a red card to Jason Puncheon, though.
It was a nasty tackle on Kevin De Bruyne but it’s very difficult for a referee to give a red card to a player who is on a stretcher”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5224769/Crystal-Palace-winger-Wilfried-Zaha-goes-easily.html

I’m sorry but that just won’t wash.

If a player has injured himself whilst committing a foul worthy of a red card I don’t care how “tough” it is for the official, he should still deal with the offence. I will be watching very carefully how soon Puncheon recovers from his ‘injury’. I think he knew what he had done, expected he would get a red card and with only a minute to go decided he’d take a cowards way out. I will eat my hat if I am proved wrong.

and the ban should not start until he was fit again.

Just watched the incident again.......

Puncheon is still being treated on the pitch when Moss issues the yellow card so Graham Poll’s comment about dealing with an offender whilst on a stretcher is bogus. There is no reason why Puncheon couldn’t have been shown a red card.

Totally bottled it and I am sick to death of cowardly officials ‘not seeing’ these seriously poor challenges or not dealing with them appropriately.

How can a man who is on bail for assault and possession of a weapon be allowed to play football
Don't forget Scott Dann was injured trying to hurt one of ours
Disgrace

Confirmation - both Dirty Dann and Pathetic Puncheon have been ruled out for the rest of the season having ruptured their cruciate ligaments in their ill- advised fouls on Kevin De Bruyne last Sunday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11193766/crystal-palace-boss-roy-hodgson-confirms-scott-dann-injury-blow

Karma is a bitch

You have to wonder if Puncheon had not taken out Kevin, would we have scored and won the game. just saying.

I like you Skoorb, don't think we will get another penalty or see a red card for a tackle on any of our players

Well, I take back my comment about Puncheon's injury not being quite as bad as he made out. I hope he makes a good recovery and learns from this incident although I have no sympathy for him and his long lay off. His tackle was shocking and could just as easily have inflicted a similar injury on an opponent - it wasn't made in the course of tryingto win the ball, it was purely a cynical foul to stop the pass forward fromDe Bruyne.

Notably he failed but his team mate subequently pulled back Sane to prevent the goalscoring opportunity.

Regarding penalties ......it seems Maureen's words have had the desired effect as we witnessed against Watford when Aguero was fouled, zero contact with the ball by the defender but the officials chose to assume it was a fair tackle. VAR would have changed that. :019: