Oyston in Latvia | Vital Football

Oyston in Latvia

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool FC owner Owen Oyston flew out to the Latvian capital Riga yesterday to hold talks with Valeri Belokon.
Representatives for Belokon, who Oyston still owes £25m, told The Gazette the meeting went well and they hope the talks with help bring a resolution to the matter. Belokon's lawyers Clifford Chance were not in attendance and no official comment is expected to be released. Supporters are hoping this could be a major step towards regime change at the club, although it is not known whether the ownership of the football club was brought up during the talks.
This comes just a few weeks after Oyston suffered another damaging defeat to Belokon in the High Court in London. Justice Marcus Smith ruled seven of his properties and shares in two of his companies, one of which owns the controlling interest in the football club, will be put up for sale. This is in order to raise the £25m Belokon is still owed following last November’s momentous court judgment. The Oystons were ordered to buy out Belokon for £31.27m after it was found they had illegitimately stripped the club of cash following promotion to the Premier League in 2010. Justice Marcus Smith found then that the Oystons had unfairly prejudiced the Latvian, who accused them of “improperly” extracting tens of millions of pounds from the club. The judge found in his favour and the club was put up for sale four days later. Oyston has been contacted for comment.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...a-to-hold-talks-with-valeri-belokon-1-9236660

From AVFTT

It's been quite a week in the Blackpool football world. Thursday we heard news that Owen Oyston had met Valeri Belokon but beyond that, few details have emerged. So have we taken another few steps to completing the goal of the removal of the Oyston family? We are gratfeul to Normund Malnacs, Valeri Belokon's right hand man, who brings us up to date with this week's events.
1. Valeri and Owen's meeting this week has been well documented and clearly we wouldn't want to jeopardise any dealings, however there seems to be some confusion over what the meeting was intended for.
Valeri and Owen decided not to release any statement at this stage, so I really cannot comment on what was decided. But I can confirm that the meeting took place in a good atmosphere, so there is a genuine feeling that some kind of progress is close.
2. How concerned are you/Valeri about the fact that the transfer deadline day is on August 9th and so, if you have any involvement after that date, you'd be unable to help Gary bringing in new players. Is there any urgency with current dealings to ensure that the club is in the best shape for the start of next season?
Valeri and me are concerned about building the team for the upcoming season. Two days ago Natalie confirmed that the club has 15 or 16 players for the new season. I understand that some of them are not fit for the first team but on the other hand some foundation has been laid for the season. I understand fans concerns but there is still time to build a new team for the new season.
3. Many fans refuse to go back whilst Owen Oyston is still at the club. After 3 years some are struggling to remain positive - do you worry this coiuld be detrimental to the club long term?
I definitely should not give advice to fans as I have spent less time supporting the club than most. It seems to me that changes at the club management are inevitable and the supporters need to be patient just a little bit longer.
We thank Normunds for his time answering these questions. We didn't want to overload him with too many questions but hope we've dealt with some of the immediate questions that could be answered. We'll continue to keeping that line to Normunds open along with the likes of BST and some of our own supporters who are regularly in contact with Latvia.

Lots of positives to hang on to. This is no surprise - "I understand that some of them are not fit for the first team"

Please please can this nightmare be over but who would be VBs partner

all that has changed for me is that we now have to wait 2 months for the next instalment rather than the normal 2 weeks. I keep saying it OO twists and turns and shouldn't be underestimated. He has given himself 2 months for his next "cunning plan"