Oxford | Page 5 | Vital Football

Oxford

I'm not sure what more people can ask for this a season - we came down in a mess and Cook has brought us back to life immediately. He didnt even spend a penny on transfer fees in the summer and there was no months of 'gelling' we hit the ground running from the first competative game.

We've been in the top 2 or 3 every week, had a stunning FA Cup run dumping out 3 Prem teams including destroying Citys quadrouple dreams, dealt rather well with massive fixture congestion and could be on to smash 100 points and eclipse Jewells record. When you look at the stats most of the tine we've simultaneously been the top scorers in league, best defence in whole country, best goal difference by miles, best home record, best away record, dished out a few drubbings including a record away win of 7-0, played a lot of good attacking football. Our work rate is phenomenal and we must be the fittest team in the league, the defensive organisation has been excellent and when we get into our rhythm going forward we have been devastating.

You can always find faults when we've set our standards so high but at the start of the season everyone dreams of having the season we've had so far and after some of the awful managers and performances we've lived through we should be savoring every moment of this season.

Cook is the best manager we've had in years he's like Paul Jewell back at his peak. If people haven't enjoyed this season or don't think much of Cook (ive not heard many but there are a few) then fair play to them but if someone can't appreciate this season then i think they are focusing on the few flaws and overlooking the many positives. We arent perfect but Man City can't even manage perfection despite having unlimited funds so for little Wigan i dont think we could've expected much more than we've got. I remember vividly the painful times in reccent years and it makes me really appreciate the season we've had and the manager and players who delivered it.

if you can't enjoy a 7-0 away win because the opponent was a bit worse than us then when can you? how often do teams batter genuinely world class teams? hardly ever. how would anyone enjoy any football at all? christ. perspective needed.

as for Cook he's made a believer again after some dark times under Mackay and Joyce. nothing to do with how poor we were on field either. he's a top bloke and he's got us playing on the front foot. i'd enjoy that against Man United or Burscough.

Well said mate,prepare for a pm from admin bollocking you.

Yawn.

You really cannot stand any opinion other than your own can you? At least I try to pm you, you ignore, and then slate in the thread. You just want to antagonise it seems. And have my pm's really been bollockings? Jeez.

Up to you, enjoy the forum and stop the obsession telling others to get up off their arses, or find a forum that wants that sort of stuff.

It's just boring.

You go, I'm sure everyone on this forum is under no illusion about that. Well done. Some don't. Does that really effect your life so much you have to mention it every other post?

Come on, for the love of god, this is just a forum, there are loads of different people, just accept it.

I'm bored of these digs.

I've read some horseshit in my team on this board, probably wrote a bit as well. However this crap goes right to the top of the pile.

'The new messiah has yet to prove himself'. We're currently top and will be promoted, possibly as champions. We reached the 1/4 of the fa cup as a league 1 club, beating 3 of these top flight teams you so admire including the champions and arguably the greatest team this country has seen over a season. In doing so the football in general has been entertaining, he has improved players and has brought back the feel good factor to the club. All in a season. So what else in that short time span could he have realistically done to prove himself???

As for the other shite about gaining as much enjoyment from a loss as you would a 7 nil drubbing as long as it was by a decent team; we go to support OUR club not drool over opposition players. Basically these series of posts are just another attempt at self justification for not watching the club at league 1 as you feel it's beneath you. Supporting a club is about just that, supporting a club. It isn't conditional given the level it plays at. Shameful.
I've read some horseshit in my team on this board, probably wrote a bit as well. However this crap goes right to the top of the pile.

'The new messiah has yet to prove himself'. We're currently top and will be promoted, possibly as champions. We reached the 1/4 of the fa cup as a league 1 club, beating 3 of these top flight teams you so admire including the champions and arguably the greatest team this country has seen over a season. In doing so the football in general has been entertaining, he has improved players and has brought back the feel good factor to the club. All in a season. So what else in that short time span could he have realistically done to prove himself???

As for the other shite about gaining as much enjoyment from a loss as you would a 7 nil drubbing as long as it was by a decent team; we go to support OUR club not drool over opposition players. Basically these series of posts are just another attempt at self justification for not watching the club at league 1 as you feel it's beneath you. Supporting a club is about just that, supporting a club. It isn't conditional given the level it plays at. Shameful.

Your opinion. Good job I couldn't give a toss about it. No doubt you will be one of the many who will be baying for his blood when we aren't in the top half next season, but then again thats what makes you such a loyal Latics supporter. You reserve the right to have an opinion but god forbid anyone else should. My opinion.