Oxford v Wycombe: who to go up to the Championship. | Vital Football

Oxford v Wycombe: who to go up to the Championship.

berksimps

Vital Football Hero
Nice to see two such unassuming managers on Football Focus. Both incredibly proud of their squads and their respective clubs. Gareth almost sounded apologetic to be at Wembley. He has done so well with the resources at his disposal and crowds of circa 4,000.

I would prefer Wycombe to go up, the locals deserve their chance. Although they would be favourites to come straight back down, they could gain just by being more solvent than three quarters of the teams in that league.

What a massive game on Monday for the two comparative minnows. Not withstanding the lack of crowds, how envious the likes of the more expecting Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich must be.

When the Cowleys left was Gareth ever interviewed for the LCFC job, or even offered it, was all a bit murky at the time. Think he might have been playing us off against their Chairman to get a better contract and funds.

I'll be rooting for Wycombe as well because of Gareth who is still a hero with us. Plus Oxford is a little easier to get to for me.
Next season won't be easy for whichever team goes up but they'll enjoy the experience

Funny thing is, if the season had played out normally I don't think Wycombe would even have made the play offs. They were losing momentum and I reckoned they were heading for about 10th place.

When the Cowleys left was Gareth ever interviewed for the LCFC job, or even offered it, was all a bit murky at the time. Think he might have been playing us off against their Chairman to get a better contract and funds.

Seems to have got what he wanted, so it paid off for him. Good luck to him, but I think Oxford will get there.

I hope it's Wycombe, they deserve the opportunity not least for keeping faith with GA for so many years (8) instead of constantly chopping and changing managers as clubs so often seem to do.

The windfall of the Championship will help Wycombe out more than it would Oxford. I think if Oxford are in L1 next season they'll go again with little change but you have to think Wycombe's finances would be under strain. They've significantly overachieved significantly this season, Oxford probably not.

Not bothered which goes up.
I am certain we will be playing one or the other next season and quite possibly both the season after that.

My heart says Wycombe as I like Gareth but my head says Oxford. I will probably be a a low sxoring match though