Oxford Too Good | Vital Football

Oxford Too Good

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Oxford are a good League One side so with the best will in the world I cant see us getting anything out of this game apart from a little self respect if we are lucky. No doubt our game plan will be to defend and try to hit them on the break. A decent enough plan but we don't have the players to execute it. Our defence is "flakey" and their attack will be better than our lads will have experienced in their lives.We rely on Toure who is badly out of form so our ability to hit them on the break will be limited. I guess we might score with a long range strike from someone but really I'm clutching at straws. If we lose by less than four I will be content.

Well we did well in the first half then the flood gates opened. Not as bad as I was fearing but bad enough. I wonder if we can get anything against the mighty Eastleigh on Tuesday?

Pools FA cup adventure is over for another year, I doubt many even thought we'd reach the third round so let's see it as a positive.
However, Pools now need to start accumulating league points if a relegation battle is to be avoided. As I've said previously we desperately need a centre forward to provide a focus for our approach play. It's down to Challinor to prove his worth and start to get league victories, starting on Tuesday!