Oxford - Saturday 18th August | Vital Football

Oxford - Saturday 18th August

cornypomp

Vital 1st Team Regular
je suis très heureux..

:grinning:... Tuned in at half time on the net from la belle France, and was a little disappointed to find the score 0-0. We were making all the running apparently. Second half certainly saw us come alive though, with that man Mr Lowe certainly making his presence felt, and what a debut for Ben Thompson. MOM..

We appeared to sit back and invite Oxford onto us towards the end of the second half, and had a couple of lucky escapes via the woodwork. A goal was coming though, I could feel it, and unfortunately it was Jack that provided it. I'm not going to moan though because I needn't have worried about an Oxford comeback thanks to Jamal again.

I'm more than happy with today's result. Second in the league too now. Yes, its very early days, but I remember only too well some other starts to the season that set the tone for what was to come. Lets hope this one does eh!

PUP..:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
As I've parted with me ST, I'll have to look into getting the Pompey Player, or whatever it is these days. Well, unless, taking into account I don't live in Pompey, anyone knows of another way to listen to the commentary?

Very good result. I did think we would win it, perhaps 4-1 wasn't as convincing as it sounds, but the record books will only show a 4-1 win - happy days.

As I've parted with me ST, I'll have to look into getting the Pompey Player, or whatever it is these days. Well, unless, taking into account I don't live in Pompey, anyone knows of another way to listen to the commentary?

Very good result. I did think we would win it, perhaps 4-1 wasn't as convincing as it sounds, but the record books will only show a 4-1 win - happy days.

A bit different to the thumping we got at Fratton by Oxford in the 2013/14 season eh Rug. All high hopes and then BANG! Oh yes.. I remember it well..

Corny great to hear from you! Good start to season and some promising signs that team wants to fight for everything.

Oh yes, remember that mauling VERY well Corny!

Yes.. that was a really strange time Rug. A lot of people were in shock after that result. I'll admit.. I was! I think a lot of fans still couldn't get their heads around our swift fall from the Prem and >imagined< a quick turn around was on the cards. It wasn't to be though, and that defeat wasn't the last by a long chalk
Corny great to hear from you! Good start to season and some promising signs that team wants to fight for everything.

Thanks Dave.. The years have passed so quickly. I can't quite believe we're into the 2018/19 season. Somehow, a couple of years vanished into thin air for me. Football wise anyway. The signs are promising though as you say. There was some grit shown at Doncaster, and that gives me hope that just maybe we are on our way back to the Championship. If not this year, next..