Oxford goals video | Vital Football

Oxford goals video

Goals 2 & 3 were as poorly defended as I remembered and came at horrible times either side of half time.
Credit to Fosu though, well-taken hat-trick, although all should have been defended better.

reinforces what i saw live on the day,.........a complete shambles.........spineless performance.............fans deserved better?

but remember good players don`t become bad players overnight...they need direction.

Last edited:
I'm so glad the Sky Sports videos can't be shown here in Aus - not that I would ahve watched it anyway ????

I've watched it back and shared it on my FB page for third party opinion.

We gave them the freedom of the park.

It was embarrassing, but I still stayed behind to clap them off. No-one sets out to take a hammering, do they?

...... and no, I'm not a happy clapper. I just used up all my gallows humour in one match.

I'm just glad MApp is taking over today.

As I couldn't get there on Saturday I have steeled myself and had a look at these goals now
First half ones pretty poor defending especially the second with a clear lack of communication between goalie and defenders
3rd and 4th are really good finishes
5th is just one of them which their player doesn't try if it's 0-0 and 9/10 ends up in the car park
Last one defenders had lost the will to stop

What I have thought though whilst viewing and comparing it to comments being made during and after the match is the seeming hanging out of Vickers to dry. Other than the second where he probably didn't need to charge out I wouldn't put any of the goals down to him ( yes the 5th sailed over his head but there's a really late dip on it but I get he's a bit off his line but most modern keepers do that now)

I appreciate short footage never tells the full story but I just wonder if it's too easy to blame the keeper some times

Anyway time to move on

Vickers looks like a schoolboy between the sticks, has had an awful start to the season and looks like he didn't even bother diving for a couple of these.

Needs a break and Smith deserves a start, he was superb at Huddersfield remember.

As well as conceding we’ve also dried up offensively. At home we expect to be playing our passing game in the opposition half but as per end of last season we seem to be all too often relying on pedestrian passing across the back 4 with the oh so slow Shackell taking the lead. His forward passes are easily anticipated by the opposition and the ball immediately coming back at us creating pressure and panic. Consequently our strike force are so often frustratingly fed with hopeful punts.
Saturday was a prime example of this.
Hope this changes quickly

Last edited:
As well as conceding we’ve also dried up offensively. At home we expect to be playing our passing game in the opposition half but as per end of last season we seem to be all to often relying on pedestrian passing across the back 4 with the oh so slow Shackell taking the lead. His forward passes are easily anticipated by the opposition and the ball immediately coming back at us creating pressure and panic. Consequently our strike force are so often frustratingly fed with hopeful punts.
Saturday was a prime example of this.
Hope this changes quickly

I always rather liked KA's dictum of: "We'll play football in the final third".