Overseas Investment possibility! | Vital Football

Overseas Investment possibility!

R

redimps1

I see that Clive has a couple of leads for the possibility of overseas investment which he is following up!
One from South Africa!
(Link please someone?)

I see that Clive has a couple of leads for the possibility of overseas investment which he is following up!
One from South Africa!
(Link please someone?)
It would help if you let people know where to look for the link.

Also think he mentioned this in his last BBC lincs interview.

“The Imps are in a solid financial position after two hugely successful seasons under the Cowleys, while Nates, along with his two business partners in SportVest, are pumping around £400,000 per year into the club.”

Wow. That is significantly more substantial than I thought! That was pretty much our playing budget 3 or so years ago!

Does the thought of more overseas investment make anyone else feel slightly uneasy?
I’m all for finding investment in the club and promoting Lincoln City around the world but I wonder what the motives are when someone on the other side of the world, with seemingly no connection to the football club, wants to invest.
We’ve seen with Clive that it is possible to find a genuine investor and I’m sure that with so much money being invested in the club by Clive, that he would carefully look at the finer details of any further investment.
What is the end result for overseas investors though? As Clive said in his recent interview, they are not looking for someone that wants a monetary return on their investment. So what’s in it for an overseas investor?

Does the thought of more overseas investment make anyone else feel slightly uneasy?
I’m all for finding investment in the club and promoting Lincoln City around the world but I wonder what the motives are when someone on the other side of the world, with seemingly no connection to the football club, wants to invest.
We’ve seen with Clive that it is possible to find a genuine investor and I’m sure that with so much money being invested in the club by Clive, that he would carefully look at the finer details of any further investment.
What is the end result for overseas investors though? As Clive said in his recent interview, they are not looking for someone that wants a monetary return on their investment. So what’s in it for an overseas investor?

No not me. What's in it for an investor from anywhere other than Lincoln who doesn't already support Lincoln? Country is irrelevant.

As Clive said in that interview

“It’s got to be for the love of the club and the love of football, not with the intention of coming out with a monetary return.

“It’s about the desire to be involved in football and the excitement that comes with it.

I don't see anything wrong with that and am sure that the board will have done their homework before anyone else invests in the club.

Yes, as we always said in the past, and it still applies now we are actually doing well, "investing" in Lincoln City is a donation with no hope of any financial return. My share certificates might make expensive wallpaper for my downstairs loo one day!