Over to you Mr Chairman | Page 3 | Vital Football

Over to you Mr Chairman

Jeff I think you are a long standing fan and would like to ask you and any others when you started watching Latics did anyone get to ask questions about what was going on at the club ? Like someone said a while ago on here the only news you got was via WEP & the Observer.
In these days of social media everyone thinks they can have "Transparency" the club are under no obligation to share their plans with anyone including fans and it is unfair to criticize them for not telling you everything you want to know.

Obligation? Perhaps not in legal terms but engaging with their customers is vitally important in today's world of social media and for football clubs good business practice, especially when there's been such a momentous change of ownership.

The main consideration at this point is the relative massive annual financial losses of the club which cannot continue. IEC they have stated their plans to remedy this. They admit they have no knowledge about 'football' and state DR has advised them about the aquistion. Both they and DR have been laising with the principal persons within the club throughout the last 12 months and they will have needed to know every nuanced detail to produce their plans. Also, IEC executives have visited us on several occasions. They didn't come over for the match, they spent numerous weeks examing all the various aspects of the club. To suggest that DR needs to familiarise himself with the various aspects of the business at this late stage, is way off reality. His job now is to get everyone 'on side' and implement the plans.

You'll have to enlighten us. Are you suggesting (I assume 'the fear') has prohibited us an opportunity to post questions to the new chairman? Disgraceful if this is the case.

Nice to see Royle/Jackson taking time out for some social media engagement, vitally important in today's world. I've haven't listened to this podcast in some while, to be honest given it's lack of publicity on here I forget it's still going most weeks.

I'm only 20 odd minutes in and at the risk of upsetting some of the Pom Pom wavers it's pretty uninspiring stuff so far. No assurances on new contracts, or optimism they'll be any, or any commitment on immediate squad strengthening. I agree consolidation is the aim this season but Cook needs some help in regards personnel, regardless of his accountability in signing some of the current squad. Nice that Royle recognised his limitations as a player as it reassures me he'll have a more critical and realistic eye of what's required. I'm hoping I'll more encouraged as to our future prospects once I've heard the full broadcast.

No not directly but his actions in the recent past has meant some don't bother with this site any more and when a request was made to put forward questions to the new management in that podcast the contributors on this site were excluded from having that opportunity.

No not directly but his actions in the recent past has meant some don't bother with this site any more and when a request was made to put forward questions to the new management in that podcast the contributors on this site were excluded from having that opportunity.

In that case I can't really defend that refusal nor find any reasonable reason why that decision would be taken. Ridiculous really. Given things in the main have settled down on here perhaps it's also time for new management on this forum in the form of a new administrator with affiliation to our club.