Over to you Mr Chairman | Page 2 | Vital Football

Over to you Mr Chairman

Kenneth you are so silly. I was never a Whelan slagger offer. I have such a lot of gratitude for that man.
I didn't wish for anything just the best for my club. Dear me Ken, have you been on the sauce man.

I think the charisma comment is harsh, David Sharpe was hardly Nelson Mandela and he did alright.

However I fully agree on your second point. The lack of fan media engagement regarding the new owners has quite frankly been disgraceful. This is the single biggest development of our club’s modern day history and could shape our future for years to come. For the first time in 23 years our club is under new ownership, not to mention the new owners are people we don’t know rather than the owner of JJB. All we’ve had is a 6 minute heavily edited scripted interview with one member of IEC until yesterday where Sky have been kind enough to give us a 90 second clip from our new chairman. No public press conference, no extended interviews, no fans forum no nothing. Embarrassing!

There was a press embargo on extended interviews that lasted until this morning.

Hardly embarrassing.

Hope people are now happy that the club has put out this interview seems they wont be ignoring the fans as some think,

i thought he spoke very well and made the knee jerk reactions of some on here look nonesense! For gods sake lets give them time to get their feet under the table!!

i thought he spoke very well and made the knee jerk reactions of some on here look nonesense!

How has he made these so called "knee jerk reactions" look nonsense?

All he has done is come up with a statement whether the club back it up is another story, there has been 12 months of wrangling on this takeover so i think its time to put these words in to practise.

There hasn't been any knee jerk reaction. It seems like these days anytime a fan questions a management decision they are accused of disloyalty when all they want is a little transparency and to express an opinion on a Latics based subject rather than roll on their back and get their bellies tickled.

People on here were criticising them for not making a public statement even though the takeover hasn't long since been completed. It's been explained by someone on here that there was an embargo period, presumably in case of a cooling off rethink, that meant those statements couldn't be made. It may not necessarily be knee jerk, but it was certainly criticism without knowledge of the facts.

There hasn't been any knee jerk reaction. It seems like these days anytime a fan questions a management decision they are accused of disloyalty when all they want is a little transparency and to express an opinion on a Latics based subject rather than roll on their back and get their bellies tickled.

Jeff I think you are a long standing fan and would like to ask you and any others when you started watching Latics did anyone get to ask questions about what was going on at the club ? Like someone said a while ago on here the only news you got was via WEP & the Observer.
In these days of social media everyone thinks they can have "Transparency" the club are under no obligation to share their plans with anyone including fans and it is unfair to criticize them for not telling you everything you want to know.

Give the guy a chance to at least sit in the big chair and get his feet under the desk before you start wanting him to make sweeping statements about the clubs future. I doubt he has hardly had time to meet the staff let alone get to grips with the day to day running of the club. I am sure JJ will be doing the bulk of the work at the moment and the new chairman just easing himself in.

How often have you seen new owners come out and stand in front of the press and cameras and make a complete arse of themselves by making pledges and promises that they are later unable to keep. The approach that IEC and the club are taking is a cautious and low key one and not coming out making extravagant claims or raising our expectations. I for one think that this is a sensible approach and I am sure that when he has thoroughly examined all the aspects of the business the chairman will report back to the new owners and then they may decide to give us a better idea of their future plans.

So my advice is be patient and let them get on with it.

Give the guy a chance to at least sit in the big chair and get his feet under the desk before you start wanting him to make sweeping statements about the clubs future. I doubt he has hardly had time to meet the staff let alone get to grips with the day to day running of the club. I am sure JJ will be doing the bulk of the work at the moment and the new chairman just easing himself in.

How often have you seen new owners come out and stand in front of the press and cameras and make a complete arse of themselves by making pledges and promises that they are later unable to keep. The approach that IEC and the club are taking is a cautious and low key one and not coming out making extravagant claims or raising our expectations. I for one think that this is a sensible approach and I am sure that when he has thoroughly examined all the aspects of the business the chairman will report back to the new owners and then they may decide to give us a better idea of their future plans.

So my advice is be patient and let them get on with it.
Obviously you haven't read the 'Aquisition' document nor seen the messages from IEC's CE or DR, there's lots of raising expectations! You said 'I am sure that when he has thoroughly examined all the aspects of the business the chairman will report back to the new owners and then they may decide to give us a better idea of their future plans'. What do think DR has been doing for over 12 months? He's been invoived throughout this matter - from the initial contact etc. with IEC. The aquistion document is 126 pages long - it covers all aspects of the business and provides their future plans - it's a good read - try it

Obviously you haven't read the 'Aquisition' document nor seen the messages from IEC's CE or DR, there's lots of raising expectations! You said 'I am sure that when he has thoroughly examined all the aspects of the business the chairman will report back to the new owners and then they may decide to give us a better idea of their future plans'. What do think DR has been doing for over 12 months? He's been invoived throughout this matter - from the initial contact etc. with IEC. The aquistion document is 126 pages long - it covers all aspects of the business and provides their future plans - it's a good read - try it

Dont be Sarky

It's one thing looking in from the outside and an entirely different one when you actually take control and have chance to deal with the day to day nitty gritty things.
Yes they set out a plan in the aquisition document, but now DR will be looking in depth at each and every aspect of the club and what can be done to improve things, then put a more detailed plan of action in place for each area rather then just the overall masterplan,