OVER SIXTIES SEASON TICKETS | Page 2 | Vital Football

OVER SIXTIES SEASON TICKETS

The club have set 60 as a concession rate, the same as they have a young adult reduction, not heard any moans about that.

I fall in the full price category and couldn't care less what anyone else is paying. I feel my ticket offers good value. The club have setup the pricing structure that they see fit. Lets face it if they thought they were losing out they would change the prices.

Lets accept the prices the club have set.

Not all over 60's are minted.

If you are over 60 and feel you haven't paid enough then plough the extra £100 into the FPS so the club benefit.

Because over 60's,generally speaking are much better off than young adults. While the opportunity for an over 60's individual exists to make a seperate donation,that is beside the point. The key thing is are the over 60,s pulling their weight financially ? At £10 gross per game,based on the renewal figure,many would say no. A promotion challenging side is very expensive and there will be times when we have no cup runs whatsoever.
If it is felt the pricing is inappropriate then this should be challenged and debated.It would be worth asking the question what difference to club revenue would result in the £ 229 renewal price being £279 (for sake of argument) .

What does James think? I jest, I jest!

Sorry, James, couldn't resist.

Don't care, only 53. I was reading Banter the other day, someone dared to say something bad about the JIC prices, they all jumped on his back as well for daring not to believe that the board shat milk chocolate.

I'm retired, my income is down by 40 per cent, and next season I'll just go to a few games now way can I afford a season ticket

It's tricky, as some have pointed out. I agree that generally the demographic with the highest disposable income these days is pensioners but Lincolnshire isn't a wealthy county and I'm sure many have retired from quite low-paid jobs with only a state pension to cover them. Not all employers provided a pension in the past, especially for example small businesses such as farms employing manual labourers. If you were a civil servant or worked for the NHS/teaching, had an office job then you may be more fortunate.

I have to say that the renewal price of £229 for this category is far too low-and I do speak as a recent beneficiary of this pricing structure. There is a £100 reduction from the normal adult renewal of £329 ,which I feel is not justified. There is the argument that 60 is too low a cut off anyway-many clubs have 65 as age for concessions.
You could argue that justification for these concessions ,while it ,may have been appropriate in years gone by,does not apply today,given that over 60's are probably the richest demographic group of all.However I would keep the concession for disabled.
Bearing in mind that we are filling the ground,LCFC does not to look critically at this pricing structure,especially when we need to maximise gate revenue.

Do you also complain about the price of your rent or mortgage, fuel bills, food and drink and car / travel?

What a ridiculous post. We are trying to encourage supporters not put them off from coming.

If you have money to spare why not buy a training ground bond or support the club in some additional capacity.

No one pays for prescriptions in Scotland or Wales never mind over 60.

If City do put the concession age up I won't be going. Probably together with all others over 60.

Don't care, only 53. I was reading Banter the other day, someone dared to say something bad about the JIC prices, they all jumped on his back as well for daring not to believe that the board shat milk chocolate.

Banter the mouthpiece of the Board. That’s a new one.

Liam scully stated a short while back that the average revenue per season ticket was in the region of £150 . I assume that is net after VAT-otherwise it would be £125 net which seems implausibly low. I think a few people raised their eyebrows at that figure which is probably lower than what many people thought. Now I suggest that that figure is too low when your consider where we want to go as a club. My view is the concession age is too low-it should be 65 in line with most other clubs. Even then the discounts on adult price are too large.Alternatively you could keep the concession age and associated discounts as they are and hike prices for other age groups proportionately more.

As someone whom is 19 years off 60, I have no issue with the prices as they are for 60+.

If people over 60 feel well off, they can of course ask the club if they can pay for a full price season ticket. Those who can only afford to pay the price for a 60+ ticket should only have to pay for that.

There are many of whom aren't as lucky as some with wealth.

I agree with the last post - we have 2 season tickets, and whilst my wife, who is over 60, uses it more than most, we decided to pay full adult price for it on the basis that we could afford to do so - and it gave us some flexibility if we wanted to use it for a younger member of the family.

Additionally there are a number of universal benefits, including the non-payment of national insurance contributions for people over retirement age who are still working, that should perhaps be based more on need rather than universally available to all irrespective of means. The NHS and Social Care are crying out for funding and this would be a way of going someway to improving things for people when they get older and need help.

Rant over!

I agree with the last post - we have 2 season tickets, and whilst my wife, who is over 60, uses it more than most, we decided to pay full adult price for it on the basis that we could afford to do so - and it gave us some flexibility if we wanted to use it for a younger member of the family.

Additionally there are a number of universal benefits, including the non-payment of national insurance contributions for people over retirement age who are still working, that should perhaps be based more on need rather than universally available to all irrespective of means. The NHS and Social Care are crying out for funding and this would be a way of going someway to improving things for people when they get older and need help.

Rant over!
Think you will find that you don't pay NI on pension payments but will do on salaries. Also you need 40 years on full NI payment to receive a full state pension.

Think you will find that you don't pay NI on pension payments but will do on salaries. Also you need 40 years on full NI payment to receive a full state pension.

i think it 35 years for the full gov pension , and between 10-35 for a worked out pension . well according to the Gov.uk pension site it is , probably means nothing though

The NHS and Social Care are crying out for funding and this would be a way of going someway to improving things for people when they get older and need help.

Rant over!

Well said Collingham . The population is living longer , so more people are going to need help in both NHS and Social Care . Treatments , equipment , after care , hospice care , and elderly care .

I'm way over 60 , but if the chance was there to pay for a reduced season ticket at that age , then i would gratefully accept . If people wanted to pay extra for the full amount then fair enough , their decision of course .

My choice is to put any extra into a particular medical charity

As being closer to 60 than 50 this is the one things that's cheered me up about that ! I would probably pay concession price but donate the money in some other way that would avoid VAT coming out of it I guess,

Because over 60's,generally speaking are much better off than young adults. While the opportunity for an over 60's individual exists to make a seperate donation,that is beside the point. The key thing is are the over 60,s pulling their weight financially ? At £10 gross per game,based on the renewal figure,many would say no. A promotion challenging side is very expensive and there will be times when we have no cup runs whatsoever.
If it is felt the pricing is inappropriate then this should be challenged and debated.It would be worth asking the question what difference to club revenue would result in the £ 229 renewal price being £279 (for sake of argument) .
Be careful where you coming from. The club could loose even more income by people not renewing! Gain £50 pound but loose £229 makes sense.