OVER SIXTIES SEASON TICKETS | Vital Football

OVER SIXTIES SEASON TICKETS

57harry

Vital 1st Team Regular
I have to say that the renewal price of £229 for this category is far too low-and I do speak as a recent beneficiary of this pricing structure. There is a £100 reduction from the normal adult renewal of £329 ,which I feel is not justified. There is the argument that 60 is too low a cut off anyway-many clubs have 65 as age for concessions.
You could argue that justification for these concessions ,while it ,may have been appropriate in years gone by,does not apply today,given that over 60's are probably the richest demographic group of all.However I would keep the concession for disabled.
Bearing in mind that we are filling the ground,LCFC does not to look critically at this pricing structure,especially when we need to maximise gate revenue.

It's an interesting point. No-one retires at 60 these days unless their in the services. I'll be retiring at 67, but it's been 65 for men for many years.

Some pensioners are not well-off, however, and others may have property (having paid their mortgage off) but be cash-poor.

I'd certainly up the age bracket, I think.

I took my retirement pension at 49 years 11 months and two weeks after paying in for 33 years, still working now though otherwise I would crack up, but I think 65 would be more suitable for a pensioner season ticket

It's an interesting point. No-one retires at 60 these days unless their in the services. I'll be retiring at 67, but it's been 65 for men for many years.

Some pensioners are not well-off, however, and others may have property (having paid their mortgage off) but be cash-poor.

I'd certainly up the age bracket, I think.

Slight correction required. You are not required to retire at 60 I the services, it's dependant on circumstances.

I didn't say you were *required* to. Age-discrimination legislation has pretty much outlawed that.

I took my retirement pension at 49 years 11 months and two weeks after paying in for 33 years, still working now though otherwise I would crack up, but I think 65 would be more suitable for a pensioner season ticket

Lucky old you wish I could! :rolleyes:

I guess you must be ex armed forces, Police, Senior Civil Servant etc?

With hindsight I had a chance many years ago to go and work in local authority, wish I had done now as I could have retired early on a nice pension. I know the guy who took the job I was offered and he will be retiring at 55 with a very nice liveable pension courtesy of the government. Instead I stayed in the private sector and now like Notty face working until I am 67.

Oh well hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I personally think that 60 is a fair cut off age . My firm , once called "the world favorite airline" has/had a retirement age of 60 . Ive been retired now for 11 years , working with the British Public for 31 years was enough believe me . Mind you i do get free flights until im 90, which i wont make

So any savings/help one gets with things like football are a great help believe me . Not all pensioners are swimming in money .

Also , looking to the future , there are costs that may spring up with age , and take it from me they arn't cheap .

So any reduction for OAPs is well accepted . Get free bus travel , free prescriptions so why not cheaper tickets to sporting events lol

I think it is too late for the 2018/19 season. So either raise it to 65 for next season or just keep the current 31.08.58. qualifying date for the next five years and so gradually increase the qualifying age to 65.

I also find it amazing that anyone over 60 does not have to pay for prescriptions however wealthy they are.

I think it is too late for the 2018/19 season. So either raise it to 65 for next season or just keep the current 31.08.58. qualifying date for the next five years and so gradually increase the qualifying age to 65.

I also find it amazing that anyone over 60 does not have to pay for prescriptions however wealthy they are.

so do i mate , also i believe they still get the 200 quid winter fuel allowance . Although , i believe maybe it will get means tested .

Or just up it by one year per year. So no one is caught out to much, just like the recent feasco with women's state pension. BTW if you disagree be prepared to argue with my Mrs Salfordimp who got caught out.

Or just up it by one year per year. So no one is caught out to much, just like the recent feasco with women's state pension. BTW if you disagree be prepared to argue with my Mrs Salfordimp who got caught out.

My other half is also not best pleased . Contact with the local MP was interesting to say the least . Hard hat time

Perhaps the age of 60 is the cut off as something of a reward for supporting the Imps. By that age very few supporters would change their team so potentially would have been supporting the team for over half a century. In any case if they need a cut off point something divisible by 10 in far easier to calculate. I'm sure they'll keep it where it is

Dont know what the split is in Div 2 for pensioner rate between 60 and 65, but for me at £10 a go does seem generous especially for what we are getting at the moment. Different circumstances for different people though. Will have an extra foot long hot dog to make up for it !
UTI.

Dont know what the split is in Div 2 for pensioner rate between 60 and 65, but for me at £10 a go does seem generous especially for what we are getting at the moment. Different circumstances for different people though. Will have an extra foot long hot dog to make up for it !
UTI.

£265 for over 60's on General Sale June 11th, still a very good deal imo.

The club have set 60 as a concession rate, the same as they have a young adult reduction, not heard any moans about that.

I fall in the full price category and couldn't care less what anyone else is paying. I feel my ticket offers good value. The club have setup the pricing structure that they see fit. Lets face it if they thought they were losing out they would change the prices.

Lets accept the prices the club have set.

Not all over 60's are minted.

If you are over 60 and feel you haven't paid enough then plough the extra £100 into the FPS so the club benefit.

I'm over 60 and the poorest I've ever been, mates think I'm mad paying the £14 for sw. I don't agree you should be paying more cos the matches are getting better, you don't know what you're going to get at 3pm, take Crewe for eg.

The concession was probably made in the name of equality, when ladies retired at 60 and men at 65.

What you should be challenging is the legality of the raising of the retirement age by the government, because when most of you started work you were told the retirement age was 65, or in the case of ladies 60.

Politicans bribing the elderly for votes. Means test these concessionary matters.
"From each according to his abilities,to each according to his needs"