Outs and Ins...five days to go. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Outs and Ins...five days to go.

Can’t take the risk imo. A simple finger injury or, as happened a couple of seasons ago, a recurrence of his back problem and we’re in trouble.
We were linked with Kuszczak at Birmingham. He’s getting on but could still do the job imo.

Bloomer, rA, neither of you are happy with the situation but, as I explained earlier, if Carson slipped on the soap in the showers today and hurt himself we have a fit senior keeper in Roos and we can't, in the first month, recall Mitchell even if there is a recall clause in the loan deal. As long as Roos is fit to play we cannot bring in an emergency loan keeper once the loan window has shut. For Kuszczak or anybody else to be brought in we would need both Carson and Roos to be injured and Mitchell not able to be recalled..... or we could bring in an unattached keeper at any time but they would be unattached for a reason. Them's the rules.

Surely they’re only the rules in a few days time after the loan window closes MA. Only it’s two days to go, not five as it was when the thread was started.

Last edited:
How many of you are anti-Roos because of that one glaring error at Mansfield?

In the friendly game after that, Carson made exactly the same mistake but, luckily, got away with it.

IMO, Roos is in favour over Mitchell because he was brought up playing the "extra sweeper" role in Dutch football. He is more of a "footballer" than Mitchell. He is aslo a good shot stopper. I don't think Frank has the same misgivings about him as mant fans qppear to have.

Not sure about being ‘anti Roos’, MA. I’m certainly not, tbh I don’t really know enough about him and I would never hold one individual mistake against any player.
I just think that teams with serious intent need genuine long term cover for the most crucial positions.
Few sides win much without a top keeper - just ask Klopp - and I think the goalkeeping position is unique in needing an old experienced head if and when we get to the business end of the season and Carson picks up a knock.
Think back about a year to when we were thrashed at Bramall Lane and Carson was very much at fault. Some of the stick he got from so called supporters that day was disgraceful. A weaker, less experienced character would have struggled, wilted even and no one is more vulnerable to the vitriol dipped arrows of so called supporters’ angst than a ‘keeper.

I've seen him in about 4 games a few seasons back so he must have improved to still be here, he looked awful. I have heard though goalkeeping coaches rate him so I'm wondering if he has confidence issuesd, the clean sheet against Hull might have helped. I really hope he comes good for us! Time will tell.

I wouldn't really have a problem with Roos in goal you can't really hold it against a keeper who made a mistake years ago I've seen quite a bit of him for the U23s always seems competent to me better than Mitchell imo Don't forget he's played in a play-off final at Wembley and kept a clean sheet for Afc Wimbledon

Lauded everywhere he has been on loan with, if I remember correctly, the exception of one loan period at Rotherham or somewhere similar where he came back early. FL and Given must have faith in the lad.

Latest Rams News