Outs and Ins...five days to go. | Vital Football

Outs and Ins...five days to go.

ramAnag

Vital Reserves Team
Okay, as I understand it we have just a few days left to move players out or add to the squad, albeit only on loan.
Surprised McClaren hasn’t moved for anyone...or Clough come to that although I’d guess Burton wouldn’t be able to meet very much of the wage demands.
Like to see a ‘home’ found for Martin and Butterfield at the very least. Having said that, I’d have put Forsyth in that category too...until last Tuesday evening.
Anyone else to add to the ‘out’ list?
As far as incomers are concerned...some height up front would be nice - still any chance of Abrahams? - and I still think we need that mobile midfield ‘warrior’...suggestions?

Okay, as I understand it we have just a few days left to move players out or add to the squad, albeit only on loan.
Surprised McClaren hasn’t moved for anyone...or Clough come to that although I’d guess Burton wouldn’t be able to meet very much of the wage demands.
Like to see a ‘home’ found for Martin and Butterfield at the very least. Having said that, I’d have put Forsyth in that category too...until last Tuesday evening.
Anyone else to add to the ‘out’ list?
As far as incomers are concerned...some height up front would be nice - still any chance of Abrahams? - and I still think we need that mobile midfield ‘warrior’...suggestions?

QPR loving friend of mine reckons they are under transfer embargo but need defenders now

Anya maybe? One of many 5 foot nowt wide players we have.
I’ve been told that Anya is off to the USA as soon as he is fit.
Isn’t he on some sort of weird ‘pay as you play’ contract anyway?
Wish Butterfield was.
Odd ‘embargo’ Rog...they’ve just got Wells.

RA Papers saying McLaren wants Anya Martin and Thorne their embargo doesn't start till Jan then just one window joke Brolly has just signed two strikers in Wells and Hemed they already have Matt Smith and Washington so don't know where Martin will fit in but Macs darling isn't he Don't hear much about Butters do we never even play him in the U23 or Jerome

Forgot all about Jerome, mista. Unlucky I think, decent player and the physical presence we otherwise lack. Can’t move both Nugent and Jerome on surely, not without bringing some height in.
All being left till the last minute again it seems.

Latest rumour, well one I’ve heard anyway, is that Jerome is Turkey bound.

did you mean Turkey or Torquay Been treated badly imo we would never have even got to the playoffs if not for him But the fans always hounded him from the minute we signed him Wonder why Rowett doesn't want him

="Mistaram, post: 1539014, member: 4218"]did you mean Turkey or Torquay Been treated badly imo we would never have even got to the playoffs if not for him But the fans always hounded him from the minute we signed him Wonder why Rowett doesn't want him[/QUOTE]

I doubt he’d want to play for Rowett again...once bitten, twice shy.
Such fine lines...I honestly believe if he’d been given just one of the two penalty claims he had on his debut against Bristol City rather than being unjustly booked, things would have worked out differently both for Jerome and for Derby.
Season and career defining moments those two decisions imo.

Agree about the keeper.
Think Davies, Keogh, Tomori, Pearce, Wisdom, Forsyth and possibly Huddlestone gives us more than enough CB cover.

You can use the emergency loan system to get a keeper in. You're more likely to get a decent keeper that way, when he knows that he will get game time.

I said early August that one of Mitchell and Roos would be off out on loan before the window shut. Hopefully Mitch's loan to Oxford includes a recall clause.

My understanding of the FL emergency loans for keepers kicks in when you have NO senior keepers available. In the unwanted event of Carson being injured, as things stand, we would get Roos in goal and the U23 lad on the bench until such time as Mitchell could be recalled. If he couldn't be recalled then we could only go for an on loan keeper if Roos also got injured as we would then have no senior keepers left.

I said early August that one of Mitchell and Roos would be off out on loan before the window shut. Hopefully Mitch's loan to Oxford includes a recall clause.

My understanding of the FL emergency loans for keepers kicks in when you have NO senior keepers available. In the unwanted event of Carson being injured, as things stand, we would get Roos in goal and the U23 lad on the bench until such time as Mitchell could be recalled. If he couldn't be recalled then we could only go for an on loan keeper if Roos also got injured as we would then have no senior keepers left.
To be honest, I don't have much faith in both of them, should Carson get injured. Feel we need a decent established keeper as number two if we are serious about promotion but do we pay out good money, even on a loan player when Carson may be an ever present in the side from now on in till the end of the season?

To be honest, I don't have much faith in both of them, should Carson get injured. Feel we need a decent established keeper as number two if we are serious about promotion but do we pay out good money, even on a loan player when Carson may be an ever present in the side from now on in till the end of the season?

Can’t take the risk imo. A simple finger injury or, as happened a couple of seasons ago, a recurrence of his back problem and we’re in trouble.
We were linked with Kuszczak at Birmingham. He’s getting on but could still do the job imo.

Latest Rams News