Outnumbered By Away Fans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Outnumbered By Away Fans

I don’t think Brighton did mate, they brought a few (was it a Friday night game?) but they definitely didn’t have more than the away end .... a 2-2 draw I recall?

Only Sheff Weds/United, Derby (2nd visit) and maybe Blackpool have ever had more than us at home.

I didn't say they did. However, what I did say was they were allocated all of the West Bank.

My recall it was a Wednesay evening fixture.

Grimsby in conference years of course, regularly claimed to have hundreds in the home areas....

On West Bank that day , I'd say a third of it was Lincoln , bit of ticker tape as segregation , needless to say it didn't work , lol

There were a lot of Lincoln fans on the Westbank for that Blackpool game.
I was on the Wecky that day and it was a fair mix. We won 2-0 which was I think 7 straight wins but just too late to get the play offs. Think this win pushed Blackpool into the playoffs and they beat Scunny in the final.

It was a Wednesday night, attendance was 7.512.

I have abiding memories of the Brighton match in '77. I hooked up with my mates outside Tasker the 'Tooth' on South Park Parade only to to collide with Brighton fans en masse making their way up Sincil Bank then we were swept onto the West Bank with them - through the rarely opened middle gates. They had tix, we did not, no one was was checking so we got in free. Manfully we made our way towards the Railway End of the West Bank and hopped over the wall, to get to safey [sic].

It was 2-2, did Johnny Ward bag a brace?

Last edited:
Blackpool had pretty much the whole of the west bank for that game in 92, 4000+?
Imps fans in the Stacey West and echo stand with just a few brave souls on the west bank.
They weren't that we beat them 2-0!
Yes, West bank was a sea of tangerine that day. Well out of order as we couldn't take up our normal positions on the railings near the tuck shop. Took great pleasure in City beating them...

I have abiding memories of the Brighton match in '77.

It was 2-2, did Johnny Ward bag a brace?

He got one, Alan Harding got the other.

My memory of it is that Brighton's Peter Ward had scored a LOT of goals that season but Graham Taylor deployed Phil Neale in central defence and he blotted him out of the game.

Blackpool had pretty much the whole of the west bank for that game in 92, 4000+?
Imps fans in the Stacey West and echo stand with just a few brave souls on the west bank.
They weren't that we beat them 2-0!

Blackpool didn't have all the West Bank, only half and the other half was well populated with Imps...….it was fun after !!!!

Blackpool didn't have all the West Bank, only half and the other half was well populated with Imps...….it was fun after !!!!
It was fun just after we scored the second pen, they invaded the pitch thinking another result had gone their way which it hadn't.

Been watching the Imps for almost 60 years, until the Co op was built we always stood on the 'Sincil Bank' side of the Ground , half way up half way along . Never heard it called the West Bank before, bit like being in Israel ! Think I saw myself in the Burnley clip, with hair and looking very young !! UTI.

we always stood on the 'Sincil Bank' side of the Ground , half way up half way along . Never heard it called the West Bank before,

Oh, I have. The equivalent of today's '617' in the Railway End would sometimes come out with the chant 'West Bank, West Bank - give us a song!'

I think the request was rarely granted though.