Outgoing | Vital Football

Outgoing

I think we would all be very upset to see Bridcutt go.

Unless it is a thing between manager and player, effectively saying that he can't guarantee him a start every week with Watson, Colback, Yates etc so if that's what he wants he can find another club if he wishes?

Speculation of course but so is the article

Been told that Rangers are talking terms with Cummings so hopefully that deal is still on too.

Their top striker - Moreles (?) is suspended so he has to play this weekend as well.

As for that list I thought Bridcutt did pretty well so of it isn’t bollocks then obviously AK saw it differently to me.

The rest can all go as far as I am concerned. No great loss.

From his recent post match interviews I thought AK came across as very impressed with Bridcutt and also with his attitude while out of the team. I'd be surprised if he was letting him go. I've never been as big a fan of him as some on here, but he was excellent in those final games when he got back into the team. I'd be angry if we let him go and replace him with fooking Marnie.

His season has been mixed.

Under MW he was quite meh at times. Some great games but people weren't gushing over him either.

He was out of the team under AK for picking up 10 yellows mid season. He didn't get back in easily but has been excellent since he did

Bridcutt is a strange one!

You would think he would be a Karanka type player, so, if there is any truth in the rumour, we must have better lined up.

That must mean Colback.

Wishful thinking!

For that deep midfield position we have Watson, Gueddy, Bridcutt and possibly Yates if AK thinks he is ready.

Of those, I don’t think any are what you would describe as a true ‘holding’ midfielder so I would be surprised if AK doesn’t look to bring one in either Colback or someone else (please not Marney).

The question is whether that would leave us overloaded with midfielders and needing to get rid of one?

Ideally you would get rid of Gueddy but Bridcutt is the most sellable and if AK has to generate funds...

as a business decision...the more expensive colback, does he really offer much more than bridcutt?

I don't know about behind the scenes etc but colback is going to be expensive.

Colback has a year remaining on his contract and Newcastle have made it clear they do not want him; surely there would be no fee involved under those circumstances.

His wages are the obvious issue; we could entice him with a good signing on fee to soften the blow.

The problem arises if other clubs show an interest and offer better wages; not sure there are too many clubs around who want to spend big money on a defensive midfield player.

Remember that he had to train with Newcastle's youth team for six months due to lack of interest elsewhere before we took him on loan.

I like Bridcutt but Colback is a much better player.

They're also different players. Colback has been given the brief of protecting the space in front of the back 4 and has done it ably.

Watson and Bridcutt have similar 'all action' games, with a mix of defensive responsibility with more constructive passing and driving runs.