Our youth | Vital Football

Our youth

pjones40

Vital Football Hero
I hope this is Poch's plan play our youth and some back up players to show our youth is not good enough to step into the 1st team. Levy must act as our squad is crap and our youth is not up to the task

Let’s stop pretending all the answers are currently ready in the youth team.

We should have cancelled this friendly, it’s not fair on the kids.

I hope this is Poch's plan play our youth and some back up players to show our youth is not good enough to step into the 1st team. Levy must act as our squad is crap and our youth is not up to the task

It was just a friendly lol

Those kids are just gaining experience.

Don't we still have 9 players to come back. Most of the youth that have been playing wont get in the match day squad this season so relax.

I do agree that we need a 2-3 players coming in especially if toby goes to utd.

Thing is, if Davies and Son were 18 and 19 and played that badly then we would be writing them off as well. Llorente wouldn't have spent a minute on the pitch if he had to prove what those kids have to prove in training.

We've said it before, but it's incredibly tough moving from academy to regular 1st team and we only currently have Kane and Winks that fall in that category. Guys like Onomah, CCV, KWP etc have it all to prove even though they've had a taste of 1st team.

I am just saying that I keep hearing how good our youth are but from what I have see there is not anyone who can challenge for a first team spot

I am just saying that I keep hearing how good our youth are but from what I have see there is not anyone who can challenge for a first team spot
I would agree, one or two look like they have the potential to in the future perhaps but not yet. That does not mean they are not good though. Our first 11 is top 4 level so breaking into it is some ask.

Troy Parrott profile is building. Still very young , 17 in Feb I think but talk of him playing at senior level for Ireland. Some saying he is playing 3 years beyond his age . I think in under 19s and 20s. Some asking when will Poch give him his break.

Troy Parrott profile is building. Still very young , 17 in Feb I think but talk of him playing at senior level for Ireland. Some saying he is playing 3 years beyond his age . I think in under 19s and 20s. Some asking when will Poch give him his break.

Yeah, noticed he came on against Liverpool U23's during the week which is a great sign for a 16 year old. He also traveled with the 1st team squad for the Leicester game but didn't make the bench. I'm guessing he's being fast tracked but not sure when we'll see him make his debut. Hopefully he'll be included in the pre-season tour this summer.