Our no. 10 | Vital Football

Our no. 10

44two

Vital Youth Team
Clough told Trevor Francis: ‘Don’t worry too much about what to do, just give the ball to John Robertson and he’ll do the rest.’

He’s also credited to this golden nugget:

Players lose you games – not tactics. There’s so much crap talked about tactics by people who couldn’t win a game of dominoes.’

Shouldn’t the basic idea be: give the ball to our £13m man, and he’ll do the rest?

Problem is, we don’t see him getting the ball. And, without the ball, how can he do what he’s good at?

I think the problem is that we don't have a number 10 ... by wearing a shirt with a 10 at the back doesn't make the player a ''number 10'' .... usually ''number 10`s'' are game-changers, invent something out of nothing, a mazy run, a perfect free kick (on a regular basis, not a one-off) ... can anyone tell me when ''our number 10'' did all this ? .... the Carv doesn't even get close to Raddy (so not to go to the Robertson level) ... if the boy was such a good ''number 10'' he would have shown it last year in the Spanish 2nd Division ... not even there he was good enough, spending more time on the bench then scoring wonder goals or providing assists ... how some fans keep hoping and thinking that Carv is some sort of Messi I don't know ... all this because of a couple of flicks ...

I think the problem is that we don't have a number 10 ... by wearing a shirt with a 10 at the back doesn't make the player a ''number 10'' .... usually ''number 10`s'' are game-changers, invent something out of nothing, a mazy run, a perfect free kick (on a regular basis, not a one-off) ... can anyone tell me when ''our number 10'' did all this ? .... the Carv doesn't even get close to Raddy (so not to go to the Robertson level) ... if the boy was such a good ''number 10'' he would have shown it last year in the Spanish 2nd Division ... not even there he was good enough, spending more time on the bench then scoring wonder goals or providing assists ... how some fans keep hoping and thinking that Carv is some sort of Messi I don't know ... all this because of a couple of flicks ...
evn his goal in the cup, if that was a top playr making the run, controlling the ball in an instant and pasing it into the net hne he would have recieved plaudits for his class. So clearly he has ability. Hant got the ngine to earn the space tho to receive the ball in our system where he becomes a number 6 in many ways. If we said to him, dont drift further than 10 yards from the opposition box then it might b emore productive

Carv needs to be allowed to drift around and have runners who look to get in behind, we don't have that the system doesn't allow it. It should the way we play should be perfect for counter attacking, but our attacks consist of maybe 2 or 3 players who all are level, behind him or being marked by 3 defenders. He wants to get the ball and look to slide a pass through to an attacking player who is playing on the shoulder of the defender, as we don't play like that he gets it and has to go backwards as do most of the passes from anyone when we look to build an attack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Segunda_División

The Spanish Second Division, last year. The Carv was playing for the team that scored the most goals (second only to Espanol). How many assists did he make ? how many goals did he score? I bet the Spanish Second Division is played at a much slower pace than the Championship ... if he didn't succeed even there, why do people keep hoping that the boy is going to be our ''Messi''? If we don't sell him in January he will go on a free at the end of the season ... and he will overtake Clough (the wee player) is the most costly flop in the history of Nottingham Forest ..

he already has been id say.

I just tried to create our best attacking line up and when sticking CARVZ in there I needed 13 players in the team haha

Carv is not good enough or consistent enough. If we hadn’t spent such a large sum of money on him we would have dropped and got rid long ago. In all the time he has played for Forest I can only think of two games where he made a difference. Yes he made the odd pass, great move but any player in 40 games can do that.

it will be interesting to see if laying with forward thinking attacking players and players making runs will release him but I fear not.

Carv is not good enough or consistent enough. If we hadn’t spent such a large sum of money on him we would have dropped and got rid long ago. In all the time he has played for Forest I can only think of two games where he made a difference. Yes he made the odd pass, great move but any player in 40 games can do that.

it will be interesting to see if laying with forward thinking attacking players and players making runs will release him but I fear not.
i Think behind 2 forwards in a triangle is likeley his best position , say in behind BJ and TALYLOR/GrAB but then you have to sacrifice the wider players like Zinc n Alex. I can only squeeze him into a 343 kinda shape.{in hope that Brian turns out to be good

keeper
woz, mckenna, soh
spence lowe
Garnz, Brian
Carz
BJ Grabz/Taylor

I suspect thats far too empty in midfield for CH so it coul possibly be a case of dropping BJ in behind the striker. a 32221?

keeper
woz, mckenna, soh
spence lowe
Garnz, Brian
BJ Zinc
Grabz/Taylor

one final one for fun, to cover the four at the back option

keeper
lowe woz, mckenna, spence
Garnz, Brian
Zinc BJ Alex/Silva
Grabz/Taylor

From those scribblings it looks like they have more goals in them and BJ has gnerally been pushed further up the pitch. IF I swap out Yates for a good Brian it may have a very difernt feel to it tho so fngers crossed he will come good

The Carvalho transfer and many of our transfers with Olympiakos appear to be highly suspicious and require a serious criminal investigation in to them.

The Carvalho transfer and many of our transfers with Olympiakos appear to be highly suspicious and require a serious criminal investigation in to them.

not sure it is criminal. An owner can transfer one asset to another without a problem. It doesn’t appear to be blatant asset transfer. Looks more like someone thought they were buying the future Bruno Fernandes and bought a dud. Forest have paid for this mistake for the length of his contract, 5 years. As this has meant little movement because of ffp or liquidity.

re the debate about players and club last minute changes of mind. £4 m was a big chunk of liquidity to gamble on a dodgy back. Can always go back in Jan or next summer. Players and agents know Forest had a reputation for paying over the average. Everyone knows we only have two real strikers. The excuse from players/agents in Croatia, Italy, Japan or wherever, that they didn’t want to come to Notts, means they wanted more money. The record now shows from now on and in next window, Forest offer what is on the table and that is it. The wage structure still stands.

whats suspicious?dont think hardly any money has changed hands and they are our sister club who we 'should' b doing deals with.. thye just aint worked out so far

whats suspicious?dont think hardly any money has changed hands and they are our sister club who we 'should' b doing deals with.. thye just aint worked out so far

Where we sign players that never play at already inflated prices and then they get sold for a profit to our sister club?

I don't think you need to be an expert in financial intelligence to know that there's something highly shady going on there.

Is there a point to this thread?

Brennan Johnson could do well for us at 10. Carvalho also, in theory.

We also need a reliable striker. Once we start scoring 2 or more, people will stop moaning about CH trying to make us solid at the back.