Our Holteenders In The Sky | Vital Football

Our Holteenders In The Sky

Sorry to hear that mate. RIP.
He grew up near Aston Station and followed the club his whole 93 years. Died in January and we sent him off with "Up The Villa" at his funeral.
All time favourite players were Frank Broome and Pongo Waring but loved McGrath and Cowans later on. Took me on the terraces as a kid, with an orange box to stand on so I could see. UTV x

He grew up near Aston Station and followed the club his whole 93 years. Died in January and we sent him off with "Up The Villa" at his funeral.
All time favourite players were Frank Broome and Pongo Waring but loved McGrath and Cowans later on. Took me on the terraces as a kid, with an orange box to stand on so I could see. UTV x

Precious memories Lew.

I know I am so much closer to my dad since he retired and he started coming down to the matches with me. He's 82 and probably won't be doing so many games upcoming, especially as we can't really leave mom so long, but I'll always appreciate that side of what football brings to us.

My grandfather died yesterday. 91 years old and as far as I'm aware the only time since the late 30s where he did not regularly attend home games was during his national service and this last year. Even the last few years when he had to use a wheelchair to get around outside he was still coming to Villa Park and even Wembley.

Villa was such a huge part of his life that its hard to separate him from the club. At the final whistle of every televised game the phone would Ring and me or my dad would answer to listen to his dissection of the Villa performance. The last time I spoke to him all he could talk about was potentially going to Villa Park again next season.

It'll be strange watching games knowing that phone call isn't coming afterwards or that he isn't there.

My grandfather died yesterday. 91 years old and as far as I'm aware the only time since the late 30s where he did not regularly attend home games was during his national service and this last year. Even the last few years when he had to use a wheelchair to get around outside he was still coming to Villa Park and even Wembley.

Villa was such a huge part of his life that its hard to separate him from the club. At the final whistle of every televised game the phone would Ring and me or my dad would answer to listen to his dissection of the Villa performance. The last time I spoke to him all he could talk about was potentially going to Villa Park again next season.

It'll be strange watching games knowing that phone call isn't coming afterwards or that he isn't there.
Sorry to hear about your Grandad mate a fair old knock that 91 RIP

Condolences to you and your family - hope I make it to that age and still have his passion for all things Villa :utv:

Condolences JW . People like your Grandad are the lifeblood of the club as much as the youngsters starting on their villa supporting journey. Its the older ones who.pass what it means on .

HEITS
:utv:

Covid took my dad in January, hence why I havent really been about much since i joned, it knocked the stuffing out of me. He took me to my first game, Notts County ant home in 1975 and we didnt get there untl half time and we ost, but he still gave me my love of Aston Villa. Will never forget him dancing round outside the stadium in Rotterdam trying to get on TV, daft old fool, whilst his then sensible child looked on bemused at his antics

Didnt realise how much i was missing him until i typed this

RIP Dad.... always missed

Covid took my dad in January, hence why I havent really been about much since i joned, it knocked the stuffing out of me. He took me to my first game, Notts County ant home in 1975 and we didnt get there untl half time and we ost, but he still gave me my love of Aston Villa. Will never forget him dancing round outside the stadium in Rotterdam trying to get on TV, daft old fool, whilst his then sensible child looked on bemused at his antics

Heart goes out to you Keira. So sad. We have lost a few great claret and blue folks to Covid, which is why I get so irate with people not following the rules, including certain players.

Glad he has left you with so many great memories, sad he's had to leave so soon. Stay strong.

Sorry to hear that my friend. RIP. Oh and my advice, carry on telling him about the games.

Great memories that you will never forget.

Condolences Keira

HEITS

:utv: