Our future owners | Page 10 | Vital Football

Our future owners

That would be the most likely way round it as the Council could buy the stadium and lease it out to the club and the rugby therefore securing a regular income stream and guaranteed return
I believe that is the deal in Hull with the KCom

Which would be fair has long as both were treated equally and no one person claiming its their stadium would be the council that owned it i could go along with that
Rubbish Bicky, it will always be our Stadium, it always has been, and always will be our Stadium no matter who gets their grubby hands on it.

And what offers did they ever front up with any money. As much as I despise Krasner & co, if they have a club offering money instantly for a player and a possible interested party saying they’ll make a formal bid soon if they don’t sell any players then they have to go with the party offering the money
Had Ganaye and co put down the deposit being asked for and agreed to cover costs then they could have stopped it

If you are negotiating to buy something for millions of pounds and a deal is agreed in principle i don't think it's unreasonable for the selling party to give the buyer a short window (24 hours say) to send the deposit over before they asset strip the product they are selling by 50% of the value of the deal while refusing to drop the price.

If Kranser said something like 'we agreed on the provision the deposit was sent by xxxx and they failed to pay up so we had to sell the players as we couldn't wait' - i would say fair enough and that would be on Ganaye and the Americans. But judging by what Kranser told Whittle it appears he confirmed Nixon was correct and they prioritised selling the players at the risk of collapsing a potential deal.

That would be the most likely way round it as the Council could buy the stadium and lease it out to the club and the rugby therefore securing a regular income stream and guaranteed return

It would be nice in theory but I just can't see the council spending public money on a heavy annual loss making property. If the ground made money then it would be different but it probably never will.