Our Fishy Friends | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

Norfolk Imp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I know the self proclaimed sleeping giants of Humberside aren't really on our radar at present, but The Fishy appears to be in a frenzy regarding Fenty & May (a convicted fraudster allegedly)

How much does 'Wurzel' know about it, and is his January budget up the swannee as a result, following the collapse in takeover talks? A huge 6 pointer away at Southend tonight, with 'agents' Waterfall & Green doing sterling jobs by all accounts?

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1607958879/s-0/

Child molesters and convicted fraudsters. They attract a special kind of clientele in DN35 don’t they?

I always find the road where Blunder Park is located quite amusing. Practically every shop-front from the bridge to the ground has shutters down, apart from the "massage parlour" which always seems to be open for business.
Not saying its good for the locals and their livelihoods, but it might give an insight into their priorities.

What a mess, GTFC fans should have hounded Fenty out long ago. I genuinely feel for them, the Mariners Trust should be seeking Rob Bradley out for advice and raise the funds to take the club over.

Let's not forget it is only a few short years ago we were in a right mess and it was only because Bob Dorrian put in significant funds out of his own pocket that we have a football club to support at all.

While I don't envy their situation one bit and they appear to have gone backwards over the last few years and we have left them far behind don't let's gloat over their twitching carcass. Let's remember football is cyclical. I love beating the cods as much as anyone and it is satisfying to see how our own club has prospered beyond belief compared to them but I certainly wouldn't laugh at their situation. Tbh I have a degree of pity for them and we shouldn't laugh at the predicaments of smaller lower league clubs because a few years ago that was us.

What's fun about the loss of a Lincolnshire football league club, is it fun to see people lose their livelihood and kids lode their local team
Never mentioned the word ‘fun’ personally, but a wry smile wouldn’t go amiss, especially if they’re back playing Boston anytime soon surely?

I know the self proclaimed sleeping giants of Humberside aren't really on our radar at present, but The Fishy appears to be in a frenzy regarding Fenty & May (a convicted fraudster allegedly)

How much does 'Wurzel' know about it, and is his January budget up the swannee as a result, following the collapse in takeover talks? A huge 6 pointer away at Southend tonight, with 'agents' Waterfall & Green doing sterling jobs by all accounts?

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1607958879/s-0/

"1 down, 6 to go"

Let's not forget it is only a few short years ago we were in a right mess and it was only because Bob Dorrian put in significant funds out of his own pocket that we have a football club to support at all.

While I don't envy their situation one bit and they appear to have gone backwards over the last few years and we have left them far behind don't let's gloat over their twitching carcass. Let's remember football is cyclical. I love beating the cods as much as anyone and it is satisfying to see how our own club has prospered beyond belief compared to them but I certainly wouldn't laugh at their situation. Tbh I have a degree of pity for them and we shouldn't laugh at the predicaments of smaller lower league clubs because a few years ago that was us.

Agreed.
Exceot they've always laughed at us when the other way round. And they're really not nice people.
But, they are Lincolnshire.

No sympathy for them. They would kick us in the gutter and that is firmly where they are, weighed down by former glories, present delusions of grandeur and future free Saturdays

Not their rivals, that honour falls to Hull, Leeds and the Sheffield clubs from their 'glory days '
We're the insignificant inbreds from down the road who are of no consequence.
Fenty has run that club into the ground.
All the squabbling and infighting has had a terrible effect, the momentum from returning to the league never happened just Mansfield and totally the opposite to us.
Would they feel sorry for us?

I guess losing 2 games to go 4th in L1 is bad, but on the other hand could be losing to the worst team in the league