Our Fishy Friends | Page 34 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

The Cods realistically need 11pts from the available 18 remaining to them, to avoid the drop and that might not be enough. If the tables were turned and that was Imps, I would'nt be optimistic in the slightest.

Maidstone in the trophy
As I remember it I was sat in the (now) Selenity stand, and the incident was on the opposite side of the ground. Normally I would have been stood on Sincil Bank close to the action as it were, but I don’t remember whether only part of the ground was open due to it being a Trophy game or I had a freebie (or sheltering from the weather I suppose)

As I remember it I was sat in the (now) Selenity stand, and the incident was on the opposite side of the ground. Normally I would have been stood on Sincil Bank close to the action as it were, but I don’t remember whether only part of the ground was open due to it being a Trophy game or I had a freebie (or sheltering from the weather I suppose)
It was in the South Park half of the pitch, the SB terrace was certainly open because I was on it. It was actually very similar to the Payne-Morais incident - McGinley really only put his head against Smith's. The referee overreacted for 1988 in my opinion, although you certainly can't get away with it today.

The remaining fixtures:

Tuesday 13th:
BARROW v Exeter
WALSALL v Tranmere

Saturday 17th:
COLCHESTER v WALSALL
Exeter v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Bolton
Orient v BARROW

Tuesday 20th:
BARROW v Port Vale
COLCHESTER v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Morecambe
WALSALL v Salford

Saturday 24th:
Cheltenham v COLCHESTER
Oldham v GRIMSBY
Scunthorpe v WALSALL
SOUTHEND v Orient
Tranmere v BARROW

Tuesday 27th:
Exeter v GRIMSBY
Forest Green v BARROW

Saturday 1st May:
BARROW v SOUTHEND
COLCHESTER v Salford
GRIMSBY v Port Vale
WALSALL v Morecambe

Saturday 8th May:
Cambridge v GRIMSBY
Carlisle v WALSALL
Exeter v BARROW
Tranmere v COLCHESTER
SOUTHEND v Newport

Walsall really need one win, although they may already be safe.

Barrow have some nasty fixtures including Exeter twice plus FGR and Tranmere away; they probably only need one win, which could come from the home game against Southend.

Grimsby have four games against promotion chasers. Tough run.

Colchester have home games against Southend and Walsall - realistically they need to win both of those.

Southend have a reasonable set of fixtures, should Mr Orange inspire a response. The key game is that one at Colchester - I would actually back them to stay up, with Colchester going down instead.

The remaining fixtures:

Tuesday 13th:
BARROW v Exeter
WALSALL v Tranmere

Saturday 17th:
COLCHESTER v WALSALL
Exeter v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Bolton
Orient v BARROW

Tuesday 20th:
BARROW v Port Vale
COLCHESTER v SOUTHEND
GRIMSBY v Morecambe
WALSALL v Salford

Saturday 24th:
Cheltenham v COLCHESTER
Oldham v GRIMSBY
Scunthorpe v WALSALL
SOUTHEND v Orient
Tranmere v BARROW

Tuesday 27th:
Exeter v GRIMSBY
Forest Green v BARROW

Saturday 1st May:
BARROW v SOUTHEND
COLCHESTER v Salford
GRIMSBY v Port Vale
WALSALL v Morecambe

Saturday 8th May:
Cambridge v GRIMSBY
Carlisle v WALSALL
Exeter v BARROW
Tranmere v COLCHESTER
SOUTHEND v Newport

Walsall really need one win, although they may already be safe.

Barrow have some nasty fixtures including Exeter twice plus FGR and Tranmere away; they probably only need one win, which could come from the home game against Southend.

Grimsby have four games against promotion chasers. Tough run.

Colchester have home games against Southend and Walsall - realistically they need to win both of those.

Southend have a reasonable set of fixtures, should Mr Orange inspire a response. The key game is that one at Colchester - I would actually back them to stay up, with Colchester going down instead.

A bad omen for Barrow is their last Football League match prior to this season was away to Exeter City in 1972....their last game this season...away to Exeter City....

A bad omen for Barrow is their last Football League match prior to this season was away to Exeter City in 1972....their last game this season...away to Exeter City....

That's a 7 hour plus coach drive home to reflect on relegation. That would be a worse atmosphere than Grimsby's coach back yesterday.

No wonder the form was on the slide as if they meet my contract go to the wire it’s a priory good message they don’t want you!