Our Fishy Friends | Page 19 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

The problem isn't what Division they will be in next season. That issue pales in to insignificance when compared to the problem that the ground is in Cleethorpes and the fans are from Grimsby. That isn't a problem that can be solved by soap alone.

I think they are being extremely naive and hopelessly optimistic to bank on there will be no promotion/relegation from/to the NL. I'd be concentrating on finishing out of the bottom two in L2.
I suspect they fear that ship has already sailed. They have correctly identified that they can neither score goals nor avoid conceding. In order to stand any chance you've got to be semi competent at one of those disciplines to offset the one you are crap at.

Last edited:
A 93rd minute equaliser is incredibly all in vain, as straight from the kick-off a Stevenage hoof from the restart, catches out Agent Waterfall looking nifty in his John Fleming style white boots .... and The Fishy is in meltdown once again :wahey:

It puts our two penalty saves against into context I suppose, which didn't go down too well :innocent:

How the wheel of fate turns. While hoofball Lincoln are hoovering up exciting young prospects those footballing purists up the road are signing 6' 5" left back (!) Joe Bunney - a free agent last seen playing for NL Hartlepool a few months ago.

I mean, for those that like their Edgar Alan Poe, they are the footballing equivalent of "The Fall of the House of Usher".