Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season | Page 7 | Vital Football

Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season

Just posted above a link saying that there will be no DoF whilst CW is manager but , after that, the prince prefers one.
Jury's out for me- if we get better players in then fine because there's lots of room for improvement.
If it meant CW leaving then I'd be against it but CW needs to accept responsibility for what has been brought in.

We're told on here that he is NOT in charge of negotiations etc so, in effect, we haave a system in place anyway.
At present Chris is telling them the players he wants but the negotiations on the money aspect are done by others. A director of football role could include him being in charge of what players come in regardless of what the manager wants. If that’s going to the case Chris does right not to want one.

At present Chris is telling them the players he wants but the negotiations on the money aspect are done by others. A director of football role could include him being in charge of what players come in regardless of what the manager wants. If that’s going to the case Chris does right not to want one.
That's what I thought CJJ
To me it's a daft system having a DoF who brings in players that the manager has not agreed to or asked for.

Surely the system should be, for all clubs that have them, a scouting system under the DoF who recommends players to the manager and also look for players that fit a specification given by the manager along with targeted plaayers identified by the manager?

Saddling a manger with a player he has not asked for/does not want can only lead to tensions between the DoF and manager and , ultimately, the manager can choose not to pick that player leading to more dispute.eg Abromovich/Shevchenko/Ancelotti.

Like any procurement process the manager should specify what he wants and then the buyer goes out and finds something that fills that spec within the budget agreed by the owner.

It can only work if the manager has the final say on who comes and goes.

That's what I thought CJJ
To me it's a daft system having a DoF who brings in players that the manager has not agreed to or asked for.

Surely the system should be, for all clubs that have them, a scouting system under the DoF who recommends players to the manager and also look for players that fit a specification given by the manager along with targeted plaayers identified by the manager?

Saddling a manger with a player he has not asked for/does not want can only lead to tensions between the DoF and manager and , ultimately, the manager can choose not to pick that player leading to more dispute.eg Abromovich/Shevchenko/Ancelotti.

Like any procurement process the manager should specify what he wants and then the buyer goes out and finds something that fills that spec within the budget agreed by the owner.

It can only work if the manager has the final say on who comes and goes.
Sounds like you’re describing a chief scout to me TT I think a DOF is more than a managers lap dog although if pressed I couldn’t really give a full job description

Sounds like you’re describing a chief scout to me TT I think a DOF is more than a managers lap dog although if pressed I couldn’t really give a full job description
In these days of exalted titles you're right Bully.

I suppose that having a DoF means that the manager becomes the head coach but that skews the authority/responsibility axis. i.e. the head coach takes the blame for the DoF's mistakes.
Then it becomes a matter of what you're happy with -coach or manager- and how much of a settlement package you can write into your contract.

I just wondered if we still did it, or if we're a bit too grown up for that now..?
Sorry. I was only messing around FKB but there wasn’t a suitable smilie. :whistle: That said, I always thought that the new player ‘will he fit in with the dressing room?’ profiling was innovative and welcome.

Sorry. I was only messing around FKB but there wasn’t a suitable smilie. :whistle: That said, I always thought that the new player ‘will he fit in with the dressing room?’ profiling was innovative and welcome.

I thought so too, but have we gone beyond that as the transfer fees have climbed.? Might explain how Moose got through the door for starters. Not exactly lion hearted that one...

What happened to all the psychological profiling stuff they used to do in L1..?
Replaced by our new Rainbow Warrior to help 'woke' the squad up.???

BTW, speaking of spurious initiatives the BBC offered on online training course to it's 3500 personnel.Hosted by an outside company the course was 'How to Drink Water' designed to help employees 'appreciate how to keep hydrated' 30 employees actually participated!

Why should the prince tell us anything until it's been resolved with CW?
His last announcement was that he wants him to stay.

How often should he say that to us or anybody else?
So you must thnik the fams don't deserve his words of wisdom?