Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season | Page 3 | Vital Football

Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season

I think he's been told that he has the job CJJ but he sems intent on having his side of the story aired in public.
Not sure that's the best way forward, the best way to negotiate or that he's being realistic with his demands not to sell anyone.

I reckon 99% want him to stay and , if Iwas him, I'd be making sure i got a call in to the prince today

He's already had that money Chips and much of it has produced very little.

If you're referring to the parachute payments then you have to take into account the loss of revenues from this year we need to cover, the lowered receipts in the Champ, the cost of players' contracts ( hopefully we had the good sense to include a relegation reduction clause), the increased operating costs of the club with it's PL set up ( either redundancy payments or for increased wages/staffing levels).

There is of course the McCabe model to follow- Employ a no mark big name ego boosting manager,let him bring in mates, has beens and cronies on expensive contracts, fail spectacularly and then spend a decade recouping you loss.
What money and what value? None of us know the truth, only paper talk TT.
CW produced a good team for last season's 9th place. And we all know not all transfer work out and, as an example, we all thought Lys was fantastic after the
Everton game. Easy this manager lark.

I just have a nasty, nagging fear that with one foreign owner, advised by various foreign
”business men” who do not really understand our culture, that we could finish up going in the same direction that the S6 lot have. Nightmare!!!
The main difference, at the moment, is the fact that the manager of our football team is a dyed-in-the-wool, 100% blade who only wants what is best for the club and its supporters. Hopefully, whatever happens, he won’t do a “Pulis” and walk away. If he does, I fear that the ardour with which I have conducted my 73 year love affair with United, may start to wane somewhat.

What money and what value? None of us know the truth, only paper talk TT.
CW produced a good team for last season's 9th place. And we all know not all transfer work out and, as an example, we all thought Lys was fantastic after the
Everton game. Easy this manager lark.

Widely reported, and acknowledged values

The incomings over the past 2 seasons- Brewster 23.5, Berge 22., McBurnie 17.5 rising to 20., Bogle, Lowe 10m , Burke ? , Ramsdale 18.5, Moose 10m- thats over 100m

Our problem over both PL seasons has been scoring goals.
Net goals from the above -18 over 2 seasons.

Ha, so if you are in the bigger Blades club you are all related. I get it now.

Now I just realized I don't, so does singing one of our own make you siblings, blood relatives, distant cousins. Does it allow you to marry within the immediate family, like a cult or someone that comes from Treeton ?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

I just have a nasty, nagging fear that with one foreign owner, advised by various foreign
”business men” who do not really understand our culture, that we could finish up going in the same direction that the S6 lot have. Nightmare!!!
The main difference, at the moment, is the fact that the manager of our football team is a dyed-in-the-wool, 100% blade who only wants what is best for the club and its supporters. Hopefully, whatever happens, he won’t do a “Pulis” and walk away. If he does, I fear that the ardour with which I have conducted my 73 year love affair with United, may start to wane somewhat.
I think the prince 'gets us' Biggles and that will be very helpful.

What he might not 'get', want, or feel is the correct way to conduct affairs is to have the manager choosing to go public with his frustrations.

After a disaster of a season presided over by CW and funded by the prince he has said he wants CW here next year so , rightly in my view, will not appreciate CW's 'never explain, never apologise, me,me me amd my plan' outburts to the media.

CW is in a strong position, loved by 99% of the fans, massively successful up to this year but you can cry wolf once too often.

Get on the phone to the prince today, don't go public - you won't have a stronger hand to play- would be my advice to CW

I think the prince 'gets us' Biggles and that will be very helpful.

What he might not 'get', want, or feel is the correct way to conduct affairs is to have the manager choosing to go public with his frustrations.

After a disaster of a season presided over by CW and funded by the prince he has said he wants CW here next year so , rightly in my view, will not appreciate CW's 'never explain, never apologise, me,me me amd my plan' outburts to the media.

CW is in a strong position, loved by 99% of the fans, massively successful up to this year but you can cry wolf once too often.

Get on the phone to the prince today, don't go public - you won't have a stronger hand to play- would be my advice to CW
I am sure the Prince has not funded this year, the money will have come from the club and mainly the Premiership money. Our Prince is no Abramovich and i think you will find he puts very little of his own money in.
I know it would have been no better under McCabe and now we have seen ALK it could have been worse but we will never consolidate in the Premiership without New investment.

Wednesdayites thought Chansiri “got them”, and did much fawning over the great man.
Ask them now.
I’m not against the prince TT, but to me, the jury is still out.
Obviously, there are things going on behind the scenes that CW is not happy about. The fact that he has deemed it necessary to go public, rather suggests that he feels he is not being listened to. I think it would be wiser to listen to him, than to others.
By the way, CW has nothing to do with transfer negotiations or the fees paid, and I hear from other sources that our transfer negotiating team do not always cover themselves with glory.

I am sure the Prince has not funded this year, the money will have come from the club and mainly the Premiership money. Our Prince is no Abramovich and i think you will find he puts very little of his own money in.
I know it would have been no better under McCabe and now we have seen ALK it could have been worse but we will never consolidate in the Premiership without New investment.
I agree that he will have put little of his own money in but he's not exactly doing an Oyston either- he's running a business and the money has not been spent well so, like all business owners, he will be wary of those spending the company money for little return.
Wednesdayites thought Chansiri “got them”, and did much fawning over the great man.
Ask them now.
Obviously, there are things going on behind the scenes that CW is not happy about. The fact that he has deemed it necessary to go public, rather suggests that he feels he is not being listened to. I think it would be wiser to listen to him, than to others.
By the way, CW has nothing to do with transfer negotiations or the fees paid, and I hear from other sources that our transfer negotiating team do not always cover themselves with glory.

They are a different breed though, even though they share the same city. Not sure we'd ever see Blades bowing down to a new owner in the streets of York or elsewhere.
To date there's little to criticise the prince about but, whilst it took us over a decade to see the true colours of the last guy clearly, the prince will have to show his hand sooner.
I think we, and he, accept that he needs, and wants, investment and that won't have been helped by this season.

Personally I feel CW is overplaying it but the truth will out. What we haven't seen from CW is any acceptance of responsibility. Indeed the engaging, brutally honest cheeky chappie has turned into the surly, 'plucky little SUFC can't expect us to compete, nowt to do with me' rinse and repeat interviewee.

For me,regarding the transfers and fees the prince could well make his mark, show he means business, send a message that backs CW and improve matters all round by sacking the lot of them. Their choices, ROI and performance has been disastrous and causal in our decline.

TT said:
"For me,regarding the transfers and fees the prince could well make his mark, show he means business, send a message that backs CW and improve matters all round by sacking the lot of them. Their choices, ROI and performance has been disastrous and causal in our decline."

Spot on mate. Agree 100%.

That video of the pigs pre season friendly at York City when the chancer took over is absolute comedy gold

I absolutely pissed myself watching it last night.

Praying hands and bowing to him in the street, I nearly fell out of me chair.

I agree that he will have put little of his own money in but he's not exactly doing an Oyston either- he's running a business and the money has not been spent well so, like all business owners, he will be wary of those spending the company money for little return.

They are a different breed though, even though they share the same city. Not sure we'd ever see Blades bowing down to a new owner in the streets of York or elsewhere.
To date there's little to criticise the prince about but, whilst it took us over a decade to see the true colours of the last guy clearly, the prince will have to show his hand sooner.
I think we, and he, accept that he needs, and wants, investment and that won't have been helped by this season.

Personally I feel CW is overplaying it but the truth will out. What we haven't seen from CW is any acceptance of responsibility. Indeed the engaging, brutally honest cheeky chappie has turned into the surly, 'plucky little SUFC can't expect us to compete, nowt to do with me' rinse and repeat interviewee.

For me,regarding the transfers and fees the prince could well make his mark, show he means business, send a message that backs CW and improve matters all round by sacking the lot of them. Their choices, ROI and performance has been disastrous and causal in our decline.
CW wears his heart on his sleeve but i agree he could have kept this in-house more. What we don't and will never know is if he tried to do that and got ignored. Whatever the real reasons they need to get around a table and get back on the same page quickly.
The scouting network and now sounds like the transfer negoiating team have been less than perfect.
I am not a big fan of whole sale changes in any business but a few tweaks with the worst performing going and the odd experienced addition needs doing soon.

Ask them now.
I said Chris didn’t have anything to do with transfer negotiations or fees the other week and got shot down in flames. So get ready Biggles 🤭

I said Chris didn’t have anything to do with transfer negotiations or fees the other week and got shot down in flames. So get ready Biggles 🤭
I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'has nothing to do with' CJJ.

I presume he says who he wants, a prioritised list, and leaves the fee and negotiations to others?

Problem is,the negotiators must be like a Tesco delivery, they substitute when your 1st choice is not available - trouble is you order 1st class organic Seville oranges and get an easy peeler satsuma delivered.:eek:.

Tha’s been a tinker though!

The way I see it Rod is if you know summat but really don’t want to share it you’d be better off not bringing it up in the first place. :yes:
I was just tryin to say things aren't as clear cut as some on social media think or claim Gray mi owd pal.Calling me a tinker has surprised me Gray,i thought you and me were forum buddies,i'm hurt i really am(By the way i'm jesting re; being a tinker).:giggle: UTMPB

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'has nothing to do with' CJJ.

I presume he says who he wants, a prioritised list, and leaves the fee and negotiations to others?

Problem is,the negotiators must be like a Tesco delivery, they substitute when your 1st choice is not available - trouble is you order 1st class organic Seville oranges and get an easy peeler satsuma delivered.:eek:.

Or a bunch of grapes!

You are not far off TT.

Or a bunch of grapes!

You are not far off TT.
Now then young Bigglenaldo,have you had your 2nd Covid jab yet? I wish you posted on here a bit more,less of the bile and more of the thought out opinion is your way and i like it.Except when you post about politics,with you being a £1 tory.:giggle: UTMPB

Now then young Bigglenaldo,have you had your 2nd Covid jab yet? I wish you posted on here a bit more,less of the bile and more of the thought out opinion is your way and i like it.Except when you post about politics,with you being a £1 tory.:giggle: UTMPB

Ey up Rod! Not had the 2nd one yet. I expect it to be later this month.
And I am not a £1 Tory. £2.25 perhaps, but certainly not as low as a quid. :grinning:

Ey up Rod! Not had the 2nd one yet. I expect it to be later this month.
And I am not a £1 Tory. £2.25 perhaps, but certainly not as low as a quid. :grinning:
:giggle:Top Man Bigglenaldo i only said £1 because of all the Tenbob tories on here.:ROFLMAO: When i booked our Gertie's and my covid jabs we got dates for them both and they're at the Arena.UTMPB