Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Our Chris,who thinks he won't be here at BDBL next season

BLADES that go to BDBL (when we're allowed) sing he's one of our own and some of us think he's one of our own just as much when we're doing poorly as when we're doing well.Is it still cold in Canada? UTMPB

Ha, so if you are in the bigger Blades club you are all related. I get it now.

Now I just realized I don't, so does singing one of our own make you siblings, blood relatives, distant cousins. Does it allow you to marry within the immediate family, like a cult or someone that comes from Treeton ?

Last edited:
If I was the owner of a moribund business going nowhere, and my new chief operating officer had just turned it around and increased turnover by well over £200 million and who had made its apathetic customers suddenly feel 10 feet tall, the last thing I’d want would be for him to leave the firm and join another.
The 2 most important sections of any business are the customers and the workforce.
Keep them happy and the business will flourish.
Unfortunately, some owners think that they are the important ones. I just hope ours doesn’t.

If I was the owner of a moribund business going nowhere, and my new chief operating officer had just turned it around and increased turnover by well over £200 million and who had made its apathetic customers suddenly feel 10 feet tall, the last thing I’d want would be for him to leave the firm and join another.
The 2 most important sections of any business are the customers and the workforce.
Keep them happy and the business will flourish.
Unfortunately, some owners think that they are the important ones. I just hope ours doesn’t.
Stop it, you're talking too much sense. The Blades haters on here won't like it

The wisdom of the crowd Chips.

Most recognize the Prince's investment in the team far and away eclipses anything we've seen at the club prior.
Yet I don't think he has spent the £100m prize money. Your think he has and then added a mortgage?

Ha, so if you are in the bigger Blades club you are all related. I get it now.

Now I just realized I don't, so does singing one of our own make you siblings, blood relatives, distant cousins. Does it allow you to marry within the immediate family, like a cult or someone that comes from Treeton ?
Oh dear has it upset you that we won a game Peggy?:yes:Don't panic i'm sure the moan fest will resume before long on here after we lose another game.You seem to have a problem with BLADES (or me in particular) when i mention going to BDBL,which i find strange because if nobody went to BDBL there wouldn't be a club for you to continually moan about,then what would you do to fill your time? Hey ho tho each to their own. I'll ask again is it still cold in Canada? UTMPB

Last edited:
The Prince is a very canny businessman. I think we would all be surprised if we knew the real figure the Prince (not the club) had invested in SUFC.
It will be alot lower than many think.

Over estimation but at least the Blades get £100m. You think he has 'invested' it all but I don't TT.
Well the relegation's not an over estimate barring a miracle.

The investment- from the horse's mouth -CW-buying top end champ players for the future- the very definition of an investment is speculating on something for future benefit.

The only moot point is whether the investments will show any return. ATM they have dropped in value.

Well the relegation's not an over estimate barring a miracle.

The investment- from the horse's mouth -CW-buying top end champ players for the future- the very definition of an investment is speculating on something for future benefit.

The only moot point is whether the investments will show any return. ATM they have dropped in value.
Never doubted the Prince allowed CW to spend a bit of the £100m he will get
Not sure it was the full £100m TT and not sure any relegated team has increased value players. Depends if any players is wanted and by more than one club.

I hope that whatever has been going off behind the scenes doesn’t result in United losing the best manager we’ve ever had. He’s completely revitalised our beloved club after years of it being in the doldrums and I sincerely hope he is given chance to get us back into the Premiership. He at least deserves that. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I hope that whatever has been going off behind the scenes doesn’t result in United losing the best manager we’ve ever had. He’s completely revitalised our beloved club after years of it being in the doldrums and I sincerely hope he is given chance to get us back into the Premiership. He at least deserves that. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
I think he's been told that he has the job CJJ but he sems intent on having his side of the story aired in public.
Not sure that's the best way forward, the best way to negotiate or that he's being realistic with his demands not to sell anyone.

I reckon 99% want him to stay and , if Iwas him, I'd be making sure i got a call in to the prince today
Never doubted the Prince allowed CW to spend a bit of the £100m he will get
Not sure it was the full £100m TT and not sure any relegated team has increased value players. Depends if any players is wanted and by more than one club.

He's already had that money Chips and much of it has produced very little.

If you're referring to the parachute payments then you have to take into account the loss of revenues from this year we need to cover, the lowered receipts in the Champ, the cost of players' contracts ( hopefully we had the good sense to include a relegation reduction clause), the increased operating costs of the club with it's PL set up ( either redundancy payments or for increased wages/staffing levels).

There is of course the McCabe model to follow- Employ a no mark big name ego boosting manager,let him bring in mates, has beens and cronies on expensive contracts, fail spectacularly and then spend a decade recouping you loss.