Our Burnley thoughts...... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Our Burnley thoughts......

Bonjour from a very hot and sunny France - staying with friends. Just got back from a trip to Saintes in time to listen to footy. Last time I was here for Stoke away, I got a live link so hoping for the same. Hope to have a celebratory meal in Cognac this evening! Xx

Well unfortunately i was accurate this week, i said we Woods would be our undoing and look whats happened. Why was amadou out on the flank trying to stop that cross for the second goal? Why is woods unmarked for both goals? Its always very basic goals we are conceding. Maybe amadou as CDM next wk in place of tettey, mcgovern in goal fills me with dread, last time i saw him live we lost 5-0 away at brighton

Bonjour from a very hot and sunny France - staying with friends. Just got back from a trip to Saintes in time to listen to footy. Last time I was here for Stoke away, I got a live link so hoping for the same. Hope to have a celebratory meal in Cognac this evening! Xx

Jo pop over to Royan and check on our holiday mobile we have there!
Lovely area and Cognac always seems hotter than everywhere else in the area!
Do the Martell Tour, Hennessey you even get a boat ride...enjoy.

Jo pop over to Royan and check on our holiday mobile we have there!
Lovely area and Cognac always seems hotter than everywhere else in the area!
Do the Martell Tour, Hennessey you even get a boat ride...enjoy.

FFL thanks. The weather was really poor this morning but our friends took us to somewhere called Mornac sur seudre, which reminded me of parts of coastal Norfolk and Suffolk. We will be frequent visitors to this area so will take note of your recommendation. Our friends took up permanent residency near Cognac a year ago and we spent five days here back in April. Unfortunately the weather has not been so kind to us on either visit, although we did arrive in blazing heat late Fri afternoon. Serious thunderstorms yesterday during the match, which added to my displeasure!!! Back to Blighty tomorrow on a flight to Brum from Nantes.

FFL thanks. The weather was really poor this morning but our friends took us to somewhere called Mornac sur seudre, which reminded me of parts of coastal Norfolk and Suffolk. We will be frequent visitors to this area so will take note of your recommendation. Our friends took up permanent residency near Cognac a year ago and we spent five days here back in April. Unfortunately the weather has not been so kind to us on either visit, although we did arrive in blazing heat late Fri afternoon. Serious thunderstorms yesterday during the match, which added to my displeasure!!! Back to Blighty tomorrow on a flight to Brum from Nantes.

Amazing Mornac-Sur-Seudre is our Holiday area and only 15 minutes from our holiday home!! delightful place all those little restaurants in the middle of the marshes! Hope you have enjoyed it all...weather can always be dodgy off the Bay Of Biscay.
Spoke to Angie yesterday, she was upset as lost her dog Rhia..such a shame.

Amazing Mornac-Sur-Seudre is our Holiday area and only 15 minutes from our holiday home!! delightful place all those little restaurants in the middle of the marshes! Hope you have enjoyed it all...weather can always be dodgy off the Bay Of Biscay.
Spoke to Angie yesterday, she was upset as lost her dog Rhia..such a shame.

Yes it seemed a lovely area and we will definitely return. We didn't eat there as had plans to eat later elsewhere but I had my eye on a couple of seafood places!!

I met up with cousin Ange end of July at a family funeral and later at Pier. Hoping to have a repeat performance when I visit Gorleston for a few days end of Oct after Man U game. Shame to hear about Rhia... I know she loves her pets.

My final Burnley thoughts ...... it’s a long way from Norwich . When I set off from here my Satnav said 237 miles via the A17 , A1 ,M62 , M66 and M65 . The team failed to respect what 2500 of us fans went through to get to Turd Moor , and IMO did not put an effort in that matched what the fans did .
Burnley is an old place as is its ground which was less than impressive . Their stewards were a cheerful lot and were good with us

It was a lovely warm day ... almost like mid summer and very un- Burnley like and a complete contrast to my last visit to Turd Moor in February 2011, when it was dark and very cold .

It was great to meet up prematch with Northern who had a 4 hour journey to get there compared to my nightmare 7 hours on the road .

All in all , a very disappointing day , made worse by our heightened expectations after the fabulous win against Manc City . I will need some persuading to go Burnley again !

As fans, I think it is a case of some you win, some you lose. In my case I pick my home matches and my away matches, hoping I have picked the “best” matches. So far this season, I have chosen the wrong matches! I wished I had picked Man City home but with a weekend abroad coming up, I chose not to. I opted for Chelsea home rather than Newcastle home as a I was on holiday for the latter. I wished I was in Norwich, not Verona that day V Newcastle. NCFC do not always perform when we want them to most usually when the match has been specifically chosen. It may be a different ball game for those fans going to Palace on Sat. I hope it is, though I will be following it at home.