Other games 19/20 | Page 35 | Vital Football

Other games 19/20

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Isn’t it funny ,over the course of a match day , I can see ten players from the unfashionable teams who would improve us .
obviously anybody from the top six would improve us !
Agree entirely. I suggested a year or two back on another site that Tarkowski and Mee would be good signings, and got shouted down that they would be nothing more than backup squad players for us. I wouldn't mind them now, but they maybe wouldn't consider a move to the current Spurs as a sufficient step up.
Doesn't this also highlight how tough Jose's (or any other manager) task is right now?

When was the last time Mourinho and any of our team played through a game with a smile on their faces .
cant spell Southampton’s managers name , he sounds like he is two blokes , had a smile all game yesterday .as did their centre backs .

KWP had another good showing for the saints yesterday, rated at 9. Coped with Sterling and crossed the ball well.

Doesn't this also highlight how tough Jose's (or any other manager) task is right now?
Yeah I totally agree Gary , but it’s also why he is paid absolute fortunes , many MILLIONS , to sort this out . Many millions more than over half of the other managers in the prem , I don’t know what they all earn but I would put a bet on that wolves , Sheffield, Leicester , don’t pay their manager more than ours . He is paid that money for his expertise , no matter how hard it is . I was paid good money because I was good in my job , got results , got million pounds contracts finished on time , to the proper standards with excellent profits . I was in charge of two hundred people at times , fifty normally , he has how many ? I get that he has inherited the squad , with a lot of injuries , but the injuries have been healed now , fitness may still be a problem , but there is no style , method , enjoyment , spirit , togetherness , to our play . If we lost but played well I could accept that , but we seem to be just going through the motions . Alli plays on the left but refuses to use his left foot , gets into the box in a good position but everyone and his dog knows he is going to turn back and pass backward . Son runs into into continuous blind alleys , loses the ball and watches it go , don’t get me started on Sissoko, for all his effort, he still hasn’t got a clue what to do with the ball , Aurier, ! Why is he playing ? We have the Belgium national full backs sitting on our bench every week . I could go on and on .
of course it is hard , nobody said it was a disco !

KWP had another good showing for the saints yesterday, rated at 9. Coped with Sterling and crossed the ball well.
I think that Spurs fans generally wonder what KWP did wrong in his relatively few appearances for us, whereby we left ourselves with Aurier being pretty much an automatic selection. Obviously he's got a way to go to be where we want him to be, but I saw nothing in his performances for us which merited him being farmed out for experience he could be gaining with us.

Yeah I totally agree Gary , but it’s also why he is paid absolute fortunes , many MILLIONS , to sort this out . Many millions more than over half of the other managers in the prem , I don’t know what they all earn but I would put a bet on that wolves , Sheffield, Leicester , don’t pay their manager more than ours . He is paid that money for his expertise , no matter how hard it is .
Actually I was reading a segment earlier this morning, speculating on whether Levy will sack Mourinho before next season. The first thing that was felt to be in Jose's favour is his salary, fifteen million a year. Levy won't be in a hurry to pay out his contract. The other aspect considered to be in his favour, is that 'his contacts' will enable him to make better quality signings on a limited budget, than would be the case with potential replacement managers. How far Bergwijn and Gedson go toward meeting that criteria I'm not sure, but if he stays I will be very interested to see what our line up looks like at the start of next season. Very different I suspect from the team fielded at Sheffield last week, both from an arrival and departure perspective, and that in itself won't be a bad thing.

Last edited:
What pisses me off is the way KWP played for the Southern Scum, he could do it for us given the chance, I have always rated him, but there's always negative bullshit, as in needs to bulk up blah blah.

Yeah I totally agree Gary , but it’s also why he is paid absolute fortunes , many MILLIONS , to sort this out . Many millions more than over half of the other managers in the prem , I don’t know what they all earn but I would put a bet on that wolves , Sheffield, Leicester , don’t pay their manager more than ours . He is paid that money for his expertise , no matter how hard it is . I was paid good money because I was good in my job , got results , got million pounds contracts finished on time , to the proper standards with excellent profits . I was in charge of two hundred people at times , fifty normally , he has how many ? I get that he has inherited the squad , with a lot of injuries , but the injuries have been healed now , fitness may still be a problem , but there is no style , method , enjoyment , spirit , togetherness , to our play . If we lost but played well I could accept that , but we seem to be just going through the motions . Alli plays on the left but refuses to use his left foot , gets into the box in a good position but everyone and his dog knows he is going to turn back and pass backward . Son runs into into continuous blind alleys , loses the ball and watches it go , don’t get me started on Sissoko, for all his effort, he still hasn’t got a clue what to do with the ball , Aurier, ! Why is he playing ? We have the Belgium national full backs sitting on our bench every week . I could go on and on .
Cheer up Walt...seasons over mate...watch the cricket replays on sky if you can....we keep winning things..😀😀

Take that back Walt...just watched Ben Stokes bowl 4 brain dead balls to Carlos Braithwaite for the WI to score 24 in their last over to beat England in the final of a T20;World Cup...they needed 18 to win FFS.....maybe watching Spurs tonight will be too much...

Gutted Ndidi didn't get the red card today. Last man for me.

At least Soyuncu left the field for violent conduct and Leicester seemed to lose the plot in the second half.

I absolutely want to stuff them next Sunday.

All of a sudden 0-0 against Bournemouth doesn't look too shabby!

We have to beat Leicester we just have to.

Wonder whether there is still a chance for KWP to stay.

In some ways, all Jose has done is found him a great loan and shone a light on him. It sounds like there is no bad relationship between player and manager,

Part of me wants Aarons and KWP slugging it out for the number 2 shirt. Young homegrown talent from London being nurtured by a great coach.

Ben Godfrey has looked so poor this season I can't see why he's highly rated or worth £50m?

We'll probably sign him now

Ben Godfrey has looked so poor this season I can't see why he's highly rated or worth £50m?

We'll probably sign him now

I'm intrigued by the guy. I watched him closely in a couple of games and he looked like a footballer that has the physical attributes, the touch and the football brain to go a long way. There was one moment in the Spurs game where he read the situation, took control and stopped us getting a nailed on goal. It was like you would see Rio or Ledley do at their prime. I'm also not even sure Godfrey is a centre half. I'm hoping he is a holding mid as that is what Spurs and England need.

For me, Godfrey and Aarons need to be seen in a better side before they can really be judged. I hope that is Spurs as I think Jose would be great for the pair of them.