Other games 19/20 | Page 28 | Vital Football

Other games 19/20

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Atletico stadium looks fantastic and the crowd are noisy and partisan, the team shows Liverpool no respect and go 1-0 up.

Plenty of lessons there for the tourist friendly and silent New White Elephant if anyone in charge was actually interested in football lol.

Last edited:
What with their not so impressive win against Norwich and this, perhaps the wheels are a bit shakey, hope they fall off, becuase they are becoming so arrogant and above themselves ...as for their beying supporters what a bunch of self centred .........'s
Love the way the commentators keep referring to them as the best club side in the world....hmmmm

Looks like those pitches in some of the Greaves clips.....I noticed EX said modern pitches really take a toll on players these days but I think trudging through the mud in my day used to do the same...and of course the ciggies and booze before the games.

True.

As for the video, may be I should've put it on the refs and refereeing thread. How the ref allowed that game to go on is beyond me. Didn't Dennis affect City v Spammers?

Looks like those pitches in some of the Greaves clips.....I noticed EX said modern pitches really take a toll on players these days but I think trudging through the mud in my day used to do the same...and of course the ciggies and booze before the games.

The old pitches would just make you leg-weary, and when you needed a break, you'd hoof it into row Z.

Today's watered mirror surfaces cause the ball to bounce higher/faster/long, turns can be treacherous (it's why we get so many knee and groin injuries now. The surface is faster, so collisions can do far more damage (and do) etc..

in the 'old' days a sliding tackle was acceptable because you'd be going so slow if you caught him you and the ball could just skip over him - the only danger with this pitches was in the winter when the ground got frozen, then it was akin to playing on a modern surface!

True.

As for the video, may be I should've put it on the refs and refereeing thread. How the ref allowed that game to go on is beyond me. Didn't Dennis affect City v Spammers?
Yes but they said it was postponed for the safety of the fans travelling to the game...given the strength of the wind and rain up here on the day it was probably a good call.

The old pitches would just make you leg-weary, and when you needed a break, you'd hoof it into row Z.

Today's watered mirror surfaces cause the ball to bounce higher/faster/long, turns can be treacherous (it's why we get so many knee and groin injuries now. The surface is faster, so collisions can do far more damage (and do) etc..

in the 'old' days a sliding tackle was acceptable because you'd be going so slow if you caught him you and the ball could just skip over him - the only danger with this pitches was in the winter when the ground got frozen, then it was akin to playing on a modern surface!
That’s interesting about the slide tackle...I remember seeing Norman Hunter put Harry Redknapp into the crowd at West Ham first bounce with one of his sliding tackles....shouts of ‘Hit him with your handbag, Harry” were heard from the crowd.

Not sure where to put this, but did laugh out loud when I read that Neymar has managed to attend his 6th consecutive Carnival in Rio.....

Every year, since 2014, he has been either unfit or suspended around this time of year - which coincides closely with the carnival and his sister's birthday.

This year was to be different. Until the inevitable happened.

A second yellow in the 92nd minute of Paris St-Germain's 4-3 win against Bordeaux on Sunday means the Brazilian will now be suspended for Saturday's home game against Dijon.

In 2015, he was suspended from action for Barcelona, around his sister's birthday in March. In 2016, the same happened.

In 2017, he had a muscle issue, which saw him ruled out around his sister's birthday.

And in both 2018 and 2019, he was at home, recovering from metatarsal injuries.

However, we are not for one moment suggesting Neymar purposefully got himself sidelined so he could attend the carnival.
(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51615165)

I'd love to go. In fact I'd settle for celebrating it on Bourbon Street in New Orleans as an alternative !!!