Other games 19/20 | Page 27 | Vital Football

Other games 19/20

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Anyone who complains about long ball football should have watched Sheffield Utd vs Bournemouth....the ball spent more time in the air than a flight from Heathrow to Manchester.

Its interesting to see that in this day and age a team that runs all day, uses their physical muscle and copious amounts of long balls and crosses into the box could be playing CL football next season....says it all about the so-called standard of teams in the PL...most of us are no better than Championship standard.
I was actually impressed by the swashbuckling ( do you remember those days ) centre forward of United , McBurnie . Big man .,put in a shift this afternoon .

I don't know if you need a subscription to read the full article but this is an excellent account of the life of non-league football fans following their team around the country. It's in today's Times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...rse-tales-from-non-league-away-days-zthtlnj89

The title is 'Snow in Torquay and the Macclesfield curse – tales from non-League away days'.

I marvel at the loyalty of these fans.

Just watched Filip Krovinovic pick up the MOM performance for WBA after scoring a good goal and an impressive showing from the 24 year old Croation. Similar to Eriksen .

Have only seen him play once and thought he was excellent.

Looks like the Baggies are coming up though so he would probably stay.

Kanye off injured...looks like Chelsea have been practicing their strong arm tactics, wrestling with players on the ball...referees just seem to let it go but UTD have scored a great goal out of nothing...0-1 at half time.

The energy levels of the Chelsea players are incredible...surely they must collapse in the second half?

Both these teams have more urgency and energy than us. Also, their passes are quicker and they get it to the final third. We are too slow or just long ball it.

Both these teams have more urgency and energy than us. Also, their passes are quicker and they get it to the final third. We are too slow or just long ball it.

Man U have been hoofing it more than us and we are apparently a long ball team now

Man U have been hoofing it more than us and we are apparently a long ball team now
Haven’t been watching it closely but when I have looked up, they seem to get it up field quicker with their passes than us. But maybe your right. Without Kane, the long balls have been less.

Just shows though, all that possession and attacks from Chelski and it's the clinical finishing that got Utd over the line. But hopefully that was an energy sapping defeat as they were still trying 'til the 95th min. They do have more time to recover!

Frank's post most interview tonight reminds me of Harry Redknapp Jr.... Oh my days.... Its like Guy Richie wrote it....