Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Frankus - 23/1/2014 00:42

Man City have bought Australian A-League club Melbourne Heart.

Haha they don't even bother with players they just buy entire clubs now. It's kind of wrong that they can do that but there's no way you can stop them

david-avfc - 23/1/2014 01:39

Haha they don't even bother with players they just buy entire clubs now. It's kind of wrong that they can do that but there's no way you can stop them

My company is working on a project for Man City over here somewhere (New York/New Jersey area)... Im not on it but my boss... Im not sure if its a training camp or academy difficult to say if its both or not because American soccer teams draft from college just like NFL etc.

Iv never really asked about it and the only plans Iv seen are of a few pitches and some buildings... I suppose all you need to know is that thats not the only thing they are doing across the globe...

CDX, it is for formation of the New York City Football Club I am quite sure, which will join the MLS in 2015 I have heard. I think it is conjunction with the NY Yankees. Anyway, its in the article here.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/manchester-city-buy-aleague-club-melbourne-heart-20140123-319zz.html

david-avfc - 23/1/2014 09:39

Yeah Dave, it is sad isn't it. But when you consider how much they paid which is reportedly AUD 11.5m, then it is pocket change for them.

Hell Man City could buy AVFC from the money found in the car ash tray. What would we be worth? GBP 70m-100m if we were lucky?

http://youtu.be/TzRtJg0y_Sc

Man city's promotional video for the new club in New York. As for the Melbourne heart deal, it could turn out to be good business in the long run. They have a very nice stadium in place already (aami park) and the fans are there but just don't turn up unless they're playing Melbourne victory. Football is growing in Australia and Melbourne is due to take over Sydney in population by 2020 so a good place to invest.

I think Man City will be dominating for years or even decades. It was fun to see them take on the top 4 as an outsider, but now their financial power has artificially made them one of the biggest and best clubs in the world. Fair enough from Man City's point of view, the owners clearly know what they are doing and have a short, medium and long term strategies for success, but simply I don't think many others can or ever will be able to compete anymore and I imagine things getting very boring in the future.

Yeah it's a mess. Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and CHelsea are out of reach of the rest of the league financially. Tottenham might bridge that gap but I can't see anyone else managing it. That leaves one or two English super clubs without Champions league every year. We have no chance nor do Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham etc

Dani Osvaldo has been suspended for 2 weeks by Saints after training ground incident. Blimey. After Cortese leaving, Lovren and Rodriguez being injured and now this!!, When it rains it piurs for poor old saints

Plastic Villan - 23/1/2014 11:35

Yeah it's a mess. Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and CHelsea are out of reach of the rest of the league financially. Tottenham might bridge that gap but I can't see anyone else managing it. That leaves one or two English super clubs without Champions league every year. We have no chance nor do Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham etc

Spurs now in the top 15 for turnover.

thefacehead - 23/1/2014 12:01

I will correct myself, Spurs have dropped a little from last year, so were top 15 anyway, but it's still depressing reading from our POV -

Man U out of the top 3 for the first time in 17 years - (well that's what they said on Radio 2 this morning, I don't know, looks like they are 3rd to me lol)

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/24/football-money-league-how-much-top-teams-make

david-avfc - 23/1/2014 11:27

I think Man City will be dominating for years or even decades. It was fun to see them take on the top 4 as an outsider, but now their financial power has artificially made them one of the biggest and best clubs in the world. Fair enough from Man City's point of view, the owners clearly know what they are doing and have a short, medium and long term strategies for success, but simply I don't think many others can or ever will be able to compete anymore and I imagine things getting very boring in the future.

The death of football?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-25858527

:3:

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) were called at 22:30 GMT on Wednesday by a man from Crumpsall after the team lost to Sunderland in the Capital One Cup.

Frankus - 23/1/2014 07:35

CDX, it is for formation of the New York City Football Club I am quite sure, which will join the MLS in 2015 I have heard. I think it is conjunction with the NY Yankees. Anyway, its in the article here.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/manchester-city-buy-aleague-club-melbourne-heart-20140123-319zz.html

Well there you go ;)

Doubt this if you want but I fully believe my boss...

Apparently at his meeting they were over budget and were looking for ways to bring it down... He asked what was included in the millwork package...
Upon being told the biggest item was the trophy cabinet he remarked, 'Oh problem solved you wont need that and you dont have enough trophies to put in it anyway to justify that figure'...

Wenger on SSN crying about Mata to Manure saying it's unfair, OK Wenger lets see how fair you have been in the January window,

Nacho Monreal
Sol Campbell
Emmanuel Eboue
Emmanuel Adebayor
Theo Walcott

I am pretty surprised why Chelski would enhance Manure when they are flat on there faces? Surely this was a great time to dismantle them and snatch Rooney etc not give them there best player for the past two seasons?

Maybe £37 million was just too much to turn down, but to make Manure stronger can't get my head around that tbh.