Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Tried this before and it died, but bodybutter just asked so here it is.

A thread to talk about other clubs, managers coming and going, players etc.

Also, you could link to threads if you start any in open terrace as well.

I'd imagine "Open Terrace" would be the only place to put other club's news/discussion points etc as this is 100% Villa. Or have I missed the point?

I dunno about anyone else but I find all of this managerial merry-go-round stuff fascinating. Pardew is looking unsafe in his job and he's currently the second longest serving PL manager with 2.5 years in the job.

Laudrup is a contender for Everton so Swansea might be another team looking for a new manager.

Rafa is casting a long shadow over any PL club with ambition.

West Ham have agreed a £15m deal with Liverpool for Andy Carroll but he doesn't seem 100% that he wants to go there.

Martinez looks certain to leave Wigan.

Man Utd, Man Citeh, Chelsea, Everton and Stoke all changing managers.

Sunderland have woken up to the realisation that Mad Paulo is their manager for next season too.

Fun times in the PL.

Im with BB i luv football in general and do look at all the other clubs news and gossip aswell, lets discuss football i say, Villa is our gal but it doesn't hurt looking at others does it ;)

Martinez is said to have been given 48 hours to decide wether he wants the Stoke job or not, pff should take about 4.8 seconds imo ;)

ClivetheVillan - 23/5/2013 04:28

Martinez is said to have been given 48 hours to decide wether he wants the Stoke job or not, pff should take about 4.8 seconds imo ;)

Stoke? I thought Everton were after him. Perhaps Everton have a decent manager in mind?

I do wonder about Stoke too. One of the Stoke players was talking about Charlton and what happened when Curbishley left. Whoever takes over there has got a huge job on their hands to reform their style of play and not get relegated. With the money they are paying out to the likes of Crouch, they'll be fucked if they go down.

BodyButter - 22/5/2013 19:42

I do wonder about Stoke too. One of the Stoke players was talking about Charlton and what happened when Curbishley left. Whoever takes over there has got a huge job on their hands to reform their style of play and not get relegated. With the money they are paying out to the likes of Crouch, they'll be fucked if they go down.

I cant wait to see what happens with that trainwreck... The average age of that squad is high twenties Id say 28 at least... Technically limited, ageing players and Begovic will most likely be off and a decent bid could land Shawcross...

It would take something special to change them around...

Martinez i don't think he is great anyway myself either lol,

Yeah Stoke is a massive job dude, to transform that horrible brutal style and philosophy of football/rugby they play will be too much imo for a lot of managers, and the amount they have players on 40/50/80k week Crouch Adam etc they are dicing with death if they do drop next season for sure,

I remember when Stoke came up i was willing them to get promoted, i remember Sir Stanley mathews a documentry as a kid on him playing for them and i fell in luv with Sir Stanley and his style of play so wanted to see them do well, but by McGrath i thought Bolton under Big Sam was bad to watch but they make me feel numb after watching them at VP

I think Swansea will come a cropper next season tbh so too Bggies with so many players leaving them Jerome Thomas, Odemwingie, Fortune, Lukaku Gera to name a few they will be re-building all over again, so these two are my tips for struggling as the ''un-expected'' strugglers if you know what i mean for next season

If you read thislink to the BBC transfer gossip column further down it says that Martinez is given 48 hours to decide if he wants the Stoke job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Yeah Tellamuir dude, they did there best to relegate us the ba*tads, but you wait til next season our kid, they wanna hope it ay them that are hoping we beat teams to keep them up which i know/feel they will be ;)

ClivetheVillan - 23/5/2013 05:02

If you read thislink to the BBC transfer gossip column further down it says that Martinez is given 48 hours to decide if he wants the Stoke job

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

It looks like he'll be leaving Wigan in 24 hours:

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8727894/Roberto-Asks-His-Missus

Agreed Clive, I normally quietly urge them on, mainly for my cousins sanity, but not anymore, no way, the bastards, so hope they lose Lukaku and Long, (to us!!ha), and they go down screaming. Bastardos. Actuallyy, I like Mulumbu and Billy Jones while I am at it. But the rest of them, bastards to a man.

Wow Martinez looks finally to have left Mr Whelans Knee and going into the big world, Everton surely?

Long is a good player agree Telamuir, Mulumbu too would like both tbh, Loads of my family are Dingles and mainly baggies, i have to see and hear the smugness as the area i live Tipton is mainly these two teams its all i have had growing up not many if any fellow Villans ever lived near me

We wont know what the craic is til a few transfers are made and managers move teams... From 8th down anything could happen, the right transfer could propel any team into challenging for European places...
However I do think some teams wont move very much:
- West Ham arnt going to be much better
- Stoke regardless of the manager will be in for a struggle
- Swansea could go either way but I expect them to be sitting between 9th and 12th

Everton and WBA could slip a lot wrong manager for Everton and wrong players for WBA and they will drop into the bottom half...

Newcastle is the most interesting Collocini is gone and they have a pretty big squad... Will it be more of the same or will the pre-season and no Europe help them out? Who knows they have a lot of class but they could pull a QPR if they keep on the same track...

Fulham wont improve much unless Jol gets a few youngsters in their squad is very old too.

CDX how the feck did Jol pull off signing AMORIEBIETA from Athletic Bilbao for free? I was shocked, he is class and been linked to a host of top clubs, what a transfer he is for them great defender would have done us great but hey he would demand more than minimum wage ;(

I didnt even know that Clive...

Bilbao have been falling apart Bilesa is leaving as far as Im aware and not playing Llorente this year cost them plus the sale of Martinez...

Jol probably just has great contacts and being a dutch man he knows his football too... No doubt he'll pull off another great signing for peanuts he has a habit...
Fulham are like Newcastle they could easily fly up the table or completely stand still...

It wouldnt be so stupid only Wilfred Bony is their second target if they dont get Carroll... A guy who is far superior IMO Carroll was great once upon a time but that was one season, which makes the 35m signing even more ridiculous looking back on it...