Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 108 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

He'sBiggerThanMe&You - 21/4/2014 16:30

upthevilla - 21/4/2014 10:14

Erm, no he hasn't. Anichebe sale covers Kone purchase, mcgeady sold on cheap because he wouldn't sign a new contract (reports of between 1.5-2m, ie Tonev territory). 28m for Fellaini vs 12 odd million or so. I'm not an accountant, but less than half the Fellaini money spent equates to having money in reserve........and that's assuming had he kept Fellaini he would have been given nothing to improve the team with.
You try building a decent defence with a pittance, but at least he's inherited Coleman, jagielka (still with miles on the clock), Stones, Baines, so I wouldn't bet on their demise any time soon. Know who's position I'd rather be in.

Nice try...but you've also failed to factor in the 5m they apparently paid Chelsea to loan Lukaku!!..also lord knows what they paid for Barry and Delefosu!!..so i don't think there's too much money left from the fellani sale.

:17: but you've failed to factor in ANY transfer funds available pre sales. Are you saying Everton are on a buy to sell policy. Do you think Martinez would have accepted the job offer based on 'sell your prized assets and you'll get 70% back to reinvest?'. I think we can agree to disagree on this one.

I deam a lovely dream

It is middle May

Liverpool lose the title by Steven "Stevie G" Gerrard missing a penalty in the last minute of the last game, handing the title to Man City

Villa, already safe by then, announce a takeover deal where we become on a par with Man City - every manager outside of the likes of Bayern and Barca are being linked to the "new team on the block"

And Small Heath are relegated, go into administration and start next season, in Div 1 on minus 10 points.

That'll do for the summer at least.

Moyes is a good manager BCV.
I think the problems United have been having for the last few years that seem more pronounced this season, are down to having Rooney in the team.
Don't get me wrong, I think Rooney is quite a good player but, when he is in the united team he takes other players positions and it makes the team somewhat disjointed.
For example, when Rooney doesn't play, Juan Mata is outstanding and the rest of the team seem to play to a much higher standard, becoming much more involved.
With Rooney in the team, the team seem to be much more constipated in their movement and involvement.

Have to agree with BCV....Lol.

Also agree with 1958Villan to a degree. It's a good example, however, when Rooney played in the team when Fergie was manager, the 'problem' was far less pronounced.

Actually I wouldn't mind Moyes for the next Villa manager, he's proved himself to be very good over many years, but the giant egos of the United squad just wasn't going to take to him, what we see at ManU is classic player-power, almost deliberately playing badly to get him removed and a 'bigger brand' installed.

That said, Martinez has done better in one season at Goodison than Moyes ever did, so... yeah, fuck Moyes! :)

Blues have won 2 out of 21 home games. 2! They haven't won at home since October. Unsurprisingly the worst home record in the country.

No matter how crap we are and how much of a shambles we are we can always rely on Blues to be even worse.

It was right that Moyes got the job, he had done an excellent job at Everton, and just because Martinez has stepped them up a level, it was Moyes ground work that allowed that to happen.

The problem is, he had United playing too cautiously, the complete opposite of what Man United are about, or were about, under Bacon Face. He did inherit weaker team than in years gone by, but to go from Champions to where they are now is not going to be acceptable to the big headed Manc club!

He had his chance, and he blew it. I'm sure he'll go somewhere else and do a good job, but some just don't have it in them.

It does amaze me how off the mark Fergie can be, thought McLeish was good for us, Moyes for United, said Henderson wasn't going to make it, and said Rodgers was not right for Liverpool.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 21/4/2014 18:13

I've got a funny feeling Martinez won't do quite so well next year. Don't know why, but I think he's got lucky this year.

Yes look at the Baggies once they lost the man mountain that is Lakuku, can't see Chelsea letting him go there again, Even Barry might come Home next season when we have a new manager.
If Everton fail to get 4th they may struggle to keep those two

Have to say fair play to the baggies fans for boycotting the game tonight. £50 odd quid to go to Manchester on a Monday. It will never happen but they should just have a standard flat rate for away fans.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 21/4/2014 18:13

I've got a funny feeling Martinez won't do quite so well next year. Don't know why, but I think he's got lucky this year.

Tricky one to be fair done very well but two key signings could well be lost in Barry and Lukaku... I think Barry can be replaced but getting a CF who can score will be the stumbling block...
If he keeps Coleman and Baines he's onto huge win those two are why they are top notch... Could be the IRish man in me but Coleman is the best RB in the EPL or at least the most effective...

I would not be surprised to see Wilfried Bony move on from Swansea at the end of this season. He would fit into the system at Everton well and from the few games I have seen him play this season when fully fit could score 20 goals at a club like Everton.

Frankus - 22/4/2014 03:26

I would not be surprised to see Wilfried Bony move on from Swansea at the end of this season. He would fit into the system at Everton well and from the few games I have seen him play this season when fully fit could score 20 goals at a club like Everton.

Not sure about that if Lakuku can't. Swansea play some good football and if they had a striker capable of 20 a season he would be getting goals for fun there

Not sure about Moyes. Obviously you don't spend 11 years at a club without being good at your job but I've heard a number of Everton fans talk about how negative his football was. Do we want yet another cautious Scotland in charge?

We all thought Moyes was doing a great job at Goodison, managing to keep them a top 8 team for years on a small budget. But look what Martinez has done in just one season - and he's done it without Fellani.

It now appears Moyes wasn't keeping Everton up, he was keeping them down.

Wurzel - 22/4/2014 07:24

Not sure about Moyes. Obviously you don't spend 11 years at a club without being good at your job but I've heard a number of Everton fans talk about how negative his football was. Do we want yet another cautious Scotland in charge?

He played to what he had Wurz ie very little up front but never gave goals away . which is the basis of any good side ie you sort the defence out then build from there .
We aren't looking to win the league in the next season are we . Different agenda at Villa to Utd
He signed Distin , we signed Dunne , he signed Jagelka we signed Collins or Carlos tangle foot. We wasted about 50m on centre back and still haven't found a pair as good as those. He also signed Baines , we had Warnock. He also got good service from a donkey like Neville .

I'm sure he's ferked up to but a lot less than our managers over the last 10 years

Saurat - 22/4/2014 14:37

We all thought Moyes was doing a great job at Goodison, managing to keep them a top 8 team for years on a small budget. But look what Martinez has done in just one season - and he's done it without Fellani.

It now appears Moyes wasn't keeping Everton up, he was keeping them down.

Yeah and all Martinez has spent is the from the sale of Fellaini... and he probably hasn't spent all of that.

We all knew Martinez was doing a job and a half at Wigan - keeping them up season after season and now he's showing how good he is in a bigger arena.