Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1973 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Yeah. I agree tbh. It's easy to be salty or be seen to be being salty but he has previous and is very much excessive. That's the difference though. Ever seen Ronaldo or Messi like that after title wins?.

Yes. I see you point.

Having said that , when our cricket team won the league we went straight to the game we had on the Sunday without going home. That particular match wasn't pretty.

Yeah. I agree tbh. It's easy to be salty or be seen to be being salty but he has previous and is very much excessive. That's the difference though. Ever seen Ronaldo or Messi like that after title wins?.
Unfair to compare an Englishman's drinking with that of continentals and Argentinians.

TBH. You can't blame them having won the league , but Silva's comment is funny.

I think celebrating is fine, I wouldn't begrudge anyone for doing that, but it's the excessive nature of it in one person's case which (IMO) isn't really justified because of the minimal input they've had on this victory. In my eyes It's like he's desperately trying to justify the fact that he left the club where he pretty much had the freedom to do whatever he wanted and was a better player at in favour of winning things as a bit part player that's had a less than average season. In other words he made the right choice in his opinion.

Last edited:
I think celebrating is fine, I wouldn't begrudge anyone for doing that, but it's the excessive nature of it in one person's case which (IMO) isn't really justified because of the minimal input they've had on this victory. In my eyes It's like he's desperately trying to justify the fact that he left the club where he pretty much had the freedom to do whatever he wanted and was a better player at in favour of winning things as a bit part player that's had a less than average season. In other words he made the right choice in his opinion.

They discussed him on 5live last night. Very much the opinion was that Grealish, to Peps plan is being integrated this season and all are happy with this and its been as expected. Grealish himself stating he didn't realise how hard it would be.

So will be a big big season for him next season that's for sure.

They discussed him on 5live last night. Very much the opinion was that Grealish, to Peps plan is being integrated this season and all are happy with this and its been as expected. Grealish himself stating he didn't realise how hard it would be.

Hopefully he's a failure next season.

I keep hearing that and all I think is "if you can afford to spend 100m on 1 player why not buy one that's already what you want instead of buying one that's not what you want and forcing him to suppress his natural game"

Its either Pep trying to show what a genius he is or covering up that he never actually wanted him in the first place. Either way its depressing to see him get moulded into just another pepbot.

I think we have all been saying the same in the bit where he talks about how his move has gone.

Interesting. He knows it's. He is chomping at the bit to get going but is too worried about losing the ball. What a shame this unique playing style in the league at moment is stifled it seems. But it's all about medals for him and he has one and will get more.

they'll get their call-ups when the big boys let their players know they are injured -
altho I guess tbf we've only 3 that would be in the reckoning and we're ~ 2 of those 3 need replacing anyway.

helpful if none get a shout really

I keep hearing that and all I think is "if you can afford to spend 100m on 1 player why not buy one that's already what you want instead of buying one that's not what you want and forcing him to suppress his natural game"

Its either Pep trying to show what a genius he is or covering up that he never actually wanted him in the first place. Either way its depressing to see him get moulded into just another pepbot.

There are lots of Spanish players who are used to playing ticky taka. They bought Jack because they really wanted to have that homegrown hero, the boy who rose through the ranks at his favourite club to become a superstar. They didn't have one so they bought someone else's.