Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1091 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Fuck the Albion. The whole club is rotten to the core from the board to fans to the shit players and the ****** of a manager.

They absolutely revelled in us going down. Every interview Pulis did in that period he mentioned us, especially when they started struggling. I hope they go down pathetically and then fo down again. Hopefully to meet another one of our neighbours who'll be in league 1 by then. Then they can all hold hands and sing about how much they hate us together again.

Another one like Wilder in the better than Smith category last season. Always best to play the long game rather than react after a few games. I may well have questioned Smith last season but I never looked jealously at certain other clubs and wished we had their managers as it was was early days for them.

It's not just that Melon, of course the manager plays a big big role but it's the entire setup and ambition of our football club from top to bottom. I don't think they are necessarily much better or worse than Smith but I think we have the best set up to support our manager. To give big credit to Smith too, he has done something neither of those two chose to do which is bring in a mightly experience assistant to challenge their thinking / decision making.

I think Smith as well to his credit is also far more ambitious than both of them put together which we're seeing in our style of play. Potter suits Brighton because they are a small club and they are cautious. Wilder I am sure is ambitious but his style of play isn't.

Fans of any team currently below us should be fuming that we're above them. Most of them have a two-year financial running head start. A literal gulf that should have taken us another season to overcome and yet here we are potentially another season ahead of schedule if we can keep this up.

I wouldnt be surprised if he was next in line for the England job when Southgate eventually gets the boot - unless a decent PL club snap him up beforehand

I'm not sure why I think this but for me, Lampard is an England insider and Gerrard is an outsider. Perhaps it's because he is scouse and we all know they are second class citizens in the UK.

I'm not sure why I think this but for me, Lampard is an England insider and Gerrard is an outsider. Perhaps it's because he is scouse and we all know they are second class citizens in the UK.

Scousers are a bit en vogue at the moment.

As for Gerrard, he’s done a good job no doubt because ‘Gers were a bit of a mess from what I can gather though I don’t pay much attention to the Scottish Sunday league. Many players and managers have gone north for a two horse race and build the CV up with regular cup finals and top 2 positions with those two clubs.

I don’t think his success up there translates to England directly, because of the competitiveness of the league. But the experience and confidence for him is good.

I’m never sure if top demanding players like Gerrard, Roy Keane, and even Henry, have the temperament for players who can’t reach their standards. It seems they want perfection from day 1 from all, whereas successful managers who were lesser players have a longer term objective.

Last edited:
Watching Leicester the whole team are looking for Vardy all the time. Where's Vardy, get it to Vardy.

Our players do that with Jack.
But should they be doing it for Ollie instead. Hmmm...

Watching Leicester the whole team are looking for Vardy all the time. Where's Vardy, get it to Vardy.

Our players do that with Jack.
But should they be doing it for Ollie instead. Hmmm...

I think we’ve looked a lot better since we’ve tried to differentiate our play more. Not only was our formation predictable, so was how we were going to play.