Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

They possibly might. He does have a knack of keeping teams in the division. I'm sure the Swansea owners would see that as more important right now rather than the football philosophy.

Idiot commentator on Sky just said Bristol was the largest city in England never to have hosted top flight football.

So who were the Bristol City who finished 3rd in Division One in 1907, and then played in the First Division between 1976 and 1980?

Oh, of course, football wasn't invented until 1992!! My bad.

sirdennis - 20/12/2017 20:25

I wonder if they will go for Pulis.

It will be far removed from their "footballing" philosophy if they do.

I bloody well hope they do, that means we cant appoint him.

JuanPabloAngel - 20/12/2017 04:06

Idiot commentator on Sky just said Bristol was the largest city in England never to have hosted top flight football.

So who were the Bristol City who finished 3rd in Division One in 1907, and then played in the First Division between 1976 and 1980?

Oh, of course, football wasn't invented until 1992!! My bad.

Sty wouldn't know, they wasn't 'invented' then.....

:21:

Whatever, Swansea need to start rebuilding, whether they go down (as they surely will) or stay up. Do they try to rebuild in the old style which did them so well? How many of the current squad are suitable to the old style? Big questions. But I think they've got nothing to lose in sticking to the old style.

What they need to do is take the right decisions at the top, which they haven't been doing for some time. It started with sacking Laudrup, probably because Laudrup stuck to his priorities which miffed Jenkins; getting as far as they did in the Champions League was Laudrup's idea, not Jenkins, and it gave the fans something to remember. After that it's been a mess.

Well done Bristol City. Hope their cup run knackers them out as they have the desire that we often seem to lack, plus no little quality, and we are going to find it mightily difficult to catch them on this performance, and others that I have seen.

McParlandTheGreat - 20/12/2017 23:32

See Tomas Rosicky has finally retired. Cracking player, from those long-ago times when Arsenal actually signed top players.

He was good on his day wasn't he, I remember watching him at Dortmund as well. Cracking player - still they got Wilshire