Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I do love a new thread :4:

To celebrate I would like to say that JT is on Monday night football.

And quite frankly I'm disgusted. Why is he not watching the Aston villa under 11's playing tonight?.

Why is he not sat in the middle of villa park tonight learning the starting line up from season 1891-2.

Totally disrespectful to the club. Captain my arse.

I see our old friend Paul Lambert has been claiming that he would have had Wolves at the top of the table top of he had stayed.

I still rate Lambert as a manager but pull the other one.

Didn't he walk away when they put Jorge Mendes in charge of their transfers?

How delusional is Moyes, spouting off about he could manage any club in the world just cos of 3 games, what about Utd, Sociedad & Sunderland .... don't they count towards his reputation then

Lots of managers "could manage any club in the world", although a lot more couldn't. I've always rated Moyes, although he's maybe missed out on significant achievements, other than getting Everton where he did year after year. I'd have taken him here, in spite of many not wanting him. MU wasn't really his fault; he was shafted by transfers which didn't take place.

Villan57 - 19/12/2017 20:34

Barnsley now have Billionaire Chinese owners , How long before they do a Wolves ?

I have to say that this is an increasingly worrying trend. The Chinese government could pull the plug on such 'investments' for example. TV money, stupid wages, foreign ownership, agents ...

villasince67 - 20/12/2017 07:00

Villan57 - 19/12/2017 20:34

Barnsley now have Billionaire Chinese owners , How long before they do a Wolves ?

I have to say that this is an increasingly worrying trend. The Chinese government could pull the plug on such 'investments' for example. TV money, stupid wages, foreign ownership, agents ...

There are a few aspects to it. Xi said he wanted China to win the world cup. Anyone who helps with that gets political brownie points.

A bigger factor is that the Chinese are very nervous that their government could revert to Mao style communism and confiscate all of their assets. Keeping those assets outside the reach of the CCP makes them safe.