Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 788 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Yes, I heard that somewhere. Looks like it's caught up with them.
There are a few teams that take real beatings from Man city Liverpool etc but manage to beat the bottom 6 home and away and basically that id all you need to do to survive and end up mid-table.

I've read a bit on Vital cherries and they reckon they have players on 100k a week. A club with 10k capacity ground paying those wages will eventually fail

Ground capacity doesn't matter so much these days. But Bournemouth is not a high profile club and unlikely to earn so much from sponsorship etc. So TV money is key. Maybe Howe/ Bournemouth are looking at the income projections for next season...low/ no gates, minimum TV and realising that the game is up...need to sell more players (Brookes please?) and that its going to be a long hard road back.

Thinking of what's happened to Sunderland et al and you fear for this club.

Ground capacity doesn't matter so much these days. But Bournemouth is not a high profile club and unlikely to earn so much from sponsorship etc. So TV money is key. Maybe Howe/ Bournemouth are looking at the income projections for next season...low/ no gates, minimum TV and realising that the game is up...need to sell more players (Brookes please?) and that its going to be a long hard road back.

Thinking of what's happened to Sunderland et al and you fear for this club.

I know what you mean, we however provably bring in 30m in gate receipts add to that programmes food and drink, clobber from the shop on matchdays and it beats the 5 or 6m Bournemouth probably take, Nothing compared to TV money but would pay most of the wages for the first team

Yes, I heard that somewhere. Looks like it's caught up with them.
There are a few teams that take real beatings from Man city Liverpool etc but manage to beat the bottom 6 home and away and basically that id all you need to do to survive and end up mid-table.

I've read a bit on Vital cherries and they reckon they have players on 100k a week. A club with 10k capacity ground paying those wages will eventually fail

They’ve been paying big wages for several years now. Pretty sure they broke the FFP rules the season they got promoted.

They’ve been paying big wages for several years now. Pretty sure they broke the FFP rules the season they got promoted.

Without checking I'm sure Bournemouth were alongside Leics and Brighton in agreeing a settlement payment (they got a reduction in the fine for settling ahead of the QPR court case shenanigans I think, but certainly settling meant if the case went for the EFL having paid, they then wouldn't chase them with any boosted powers that came from it).

Mostyn was in charge when they got promoted wasn't he. He only sold after promotion?

And yes, FFP fine was 2016 relating to 2014/15 season from Wiki.