Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 639 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Interesting take on the Citeh situation here. There are rules or laws governing the game and City appear to have broken them and refused to cooperate with any investigation.

Some here seem to say "fcuk the rules", so does that mean playing intelligible players should be allowed, performance enhancing drugs become the norm?

Let's stop being hypocritical, moaning about Chelsea, Citeh, PSG buying their titles yet suggesting that rich men should be able to do what they want with their money.

If an elite European league is formed, don't fool yourselves, it will become the new PL and suck all the resources out of the rest of the game. All teams will be desperate to get into that league and risk all for the opportunity.

Talk in the press this morning about Citeh being deducted points or even having their PL licence revoked and relegated to League 2.
Personally, if this were to happen I would be happy and it will send the message to the clubs that football should be a game based on merit and not how much money the owners have. Rugby Union have got it right with their salary cap and Saracens decided to break the rules and have been punished severely. If we want a level playing field for football then the rules have to be stringent and strictly applied.
We would not be having the media circus and debate on whether Jack should be sold to Citeh or Manure if there were properly adhered to rules on financial fair play. Both of those clubs (and ours perhaps) all depend upon the owners carrying on supporting their play things and would fold if they pulled out.

Talk in the press this morning about Citeh being deducted points or even having their PL licence revoked and relegated to League 2.
Personally, if this were to happen I would be happy and it will send the message to the clubs that football should be a game based on merit and not how much money the owners have. Rugby Union have got it right with their salary cap and Saracens decided to break the rules and have been punished severely. If we want a level playing field for football then the rules have to be stringent and strictly applied.
We would not be having the media circus and debate on whether Jack should be sold to Citeh or Manure if there were properly adhered to rules on financial fair play. Both of those clubs (and ours perhaps) all depend upon the owners carrying on supporting their play things and would fold if they pulled out.

This isn't the game we have. The 'elite' clubs are not there because of merit but because of decades of simply having exceptional resources that were by far in excess of everyone else. The introduction of FFP has simply shut the door on other clubs getting to this position and thus safeguards those who have benefited from decades of capital accumulation, investment and brand building in ways which would contravene current FFP rulings.

Aston Villa had multiple opportunities to create a dynasty, they were hampered and hamstrung by Doug Ellis, his own profiteering and poor commercial decisions. That said we are where we are and playing catch-up. The new guys have the where-with-all and the acumen to push us forward. With a bit of luck we will survive this year and push on next. The Citeh debacle has shown that we have not been playing on a level playing field and I for one hope that cheating the financial rules has severe consequences.

We should aim for a sustainable model, building upon a sound foundation - our current owners will not be around forever (neither will the sheikhs and the oligarchs).

Interesting take on the Citeh situation here. There are rules or laws governing the game and City appear to have broken them and refused to cooperate with any investigation.

Some here seem to say "fcuk the rules", so does that mean playing intelligible players should be allowed, performance enhancing drugs become the norm?

Let's stop being hypocritical, moaning about Chelsea, Citeh, PSG buying their titles yet suggesting that rich men should be able to do what they want with their money.

If an elite European league is formed, don't fool yourselves, it will become the new PL and suck all the resources out of the rest of the game. All teams will be desperate to get into that league and risk all for the opportunity.
Who's being hypocritical? If owners want to splash the cash then let them. There are already laws concerning running a business that isnt solvent. As for fuck the rules, then yes when the rules keep a select few making all the money and the rest can go to hell. Tell me what exactly has FFP done for the lower leagues? Soon ffp will make it impossible to get promoted and survive in the prem. Then we will have the end of promotion and relegation.

Good businesses succeed Wurzel - Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield Utd currently. West Ham is a far "richer" club and are struggling. The soul has been ripped out of teams like Citeh and I don't want us to follow that path.

Just my opinion but FFP had the right intent, it has just not had the effect of ensuring a level playing field. I'm more positive that Villa are on the right track than at any time since the early Randy Lerner years, unfortunately it may take a few years to see it in results in the PL, but a League Cup final is a start.

Good businesses succeed Wurzel - Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield Utd currently. West Ham is a far "richer" club and are struggling. The soul has been ripped out of teams like Citeh and I don't want us to follow that path.

Just my opinion but FFP had the right intent, it has just not had the effect of ensuring a level playing field. I'm more positive that Villa are on the right track than at any time since the early Randy Lerner years, unfortunately it may take a few years to see it in results in the PL, but a League Cup final is a start.

Wow no one saw this coming :D

This follows from it's very design, it was obvious at it's inception.

O’Hare scores his fourth goal of the season for Coventry.

He's having a good season there from what I've been told. If we go down he could play a big role next season. If we stay up then he's a decent squad player. I'd much prefer him coming off the bench than the likes of Jota or Lansbury.

UEFA are just being precious because City are a real threat to their mainland European darlings like Real, Barca, Juve and others. Must’ve been a few tears shed at UEFA HQ when there were 2 all English finals last season, 3 if you include the Super Cup earlier this season, taking City out the equation for a couple of years will help keep the status quo.

Last edited: