Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 638 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Are AC Milan not currently banned from European football this season?

I don’t think they qualified for Champions league anyway but would have been in the Europa.

So they do enforce it. I would think they will make an example out of city but I’d be surprised if it’s for more than one year after appeal.

Are AC Milan not currently banned from European football this season?

I don’t think they qualified for Champions league anyway but would have been in the Europa.

So they do enforce it. I would think they will make an example out of city but I’d be surprised if it’s for more than one year after appeal.

AC Milan took themselves out of the Europa League after striking a deal with UEFA because of big overspending. A sort of self punishment if you like but a wise move really because the Europa League isn’t nowhere as lucrative as the champions league so a one year ban is minor. Had they made the champions league I guess it would’ve been different.

Last edited:
12 month suspended for Milan I think from memory - but they didn't rectify after wasting their wriggle room so would've been banned this year anyway I believe. Nifty and pathetic way around the fine though if true!

Ffp was set up to ring fence the super power teams. Man city could only ever have got to where they are now by spending big. Real Madrid have been bank rolled by the bank of Spain for God knows how long, the whole thing stinks.

Playing devil’s advocate, if Man City were to win this years Champions League, what does it do to the competition for the next 2 years without one of Europe’s best sides in it? Does it degrade the competition and whoever wins it as one of the main competitors would not have been allowed to enter. I can’t really see any winners with the ruling.

The DA to that though AMS is should a team get a place simply because of the perception and should the Champs League be closed to the bigger pull names regardless.

If City and Liverpool (or others) suddenly get a really bad injury crisis and lost 6 key players, should they get a bye if they didn't get over the line?

If UEFA's charge is right, City cheated. Pure and simple and despite all the workarounds that could've been used, they just stuck two fingers up.

Question is, if they breached UEFA's FFP remit - where do they stand with ours?

isn't the citeh breach some historical bollox obtained by illegal hacking and the punishment announced before the 'investigation' started.
then again on the executive judging these matters are psg, dipper and ex Man Utd - so prob quite fair and impartial.

Hope city break them in the courts and the city fans show the bollox champions league 'anthem' the respect it deserves

Goes back a season or two I think, but from what I remember the UEFA bloke spoke about the punishment ahead of time - if they could prove it was warranted. It's not quite the case of naming the punishment ahead of fabricating a crime as City's statement implied in my humble.

Might have been by hacking, might not have been - not necessarily an important factor - it certainly would be had UEFA hacked them, but a non linked party.....well we charge and punish on whistleblower/informants etc. What's the difference?

I'm here Heath! Looks like this is going to be the definitive fight between club and the ruling body. BBC are reporting that the Premier League are about to sanction Man City as well for breach of their ffp rules. Will Man City fight all the way? Will the courts back UEFA, will Man City admit the crimes if the punishments are reduced to suspensions? Do Man City have support from other top clubs, could they break away into their own European super League, this and many other questions answered in the next episode of........

The reality is ffp is a restraint of trade, and destroys the hopes of football fans of ever breaking into the big time. Man City are not from that elite strata of clubs that ffp is designed to protect and they have dared to live the dream and break into the top level of clubs. Every football fan who loves their club should want Man City to take on UEFA and win. Balls to ffp, there is nothing fair about it.